• Alsa + CMI8768, master loudness has no effect

Hi,

adjusting the sound settings to only work with 2.0 Sound of my PCI card with a CMI8768 chip was a piece of cake. Controlling the master volume works out of the box, therefore keyboard buttons are usable, too.

However, when I switch to 5.1 Output, I can’t adjust the master volume for all other speakers except for FL and FR. Even setting the master to 0 has no effect on Center, RL, RR and SW, which continue at full volume (estimated). I can control the volume through alsamixer, adjusting the PCM volume and keeping master volume at 100%.

I don’t think that this is intended to work like that, also because I can’t use my keyboard buttons with it. Furthermore I’m not sure if the PCM settings are remembered across reboots.

(This is probably not specific to Antergos as I had the same issues with Manjaro and would probably also have it with every other Linux distro, I just didn’t know where to ask for advice.)

So, how do I fix the master volume to also influence Center, RL, RR and SW?

• Hi,

adjusting the sound settings to only work with 2.0 Sound of my PCI card with a CMI8768 chip was a piece of cake. Controlling the master volume works out of the box, therefore keyboard buttons are usable, too.

However, when I switch to 5.1 Output, I can’t adjust the master volume for all other speakers except for FL and FR. Even setting the master to 0 has no effect on Center, RL, RR and SW, which continue at full volume (estimated). I can control the volume through alsamixer, adjusting the PCM volume and keeping master volume at 100%.

I don’t think that this is intended to work like that, also because I can’t use my keyboard buttons with it. Furthermore I’m not sure if the PCM settings are remembered across reboots.

(This is probably not specific to Antergos as I had the same issues with Manjaro and would probably also have it with every other Linux distro, I just didn’t know where to ask for advice.)

So, how do I fix the master volume to also influence Center, RL, RR and SW?

• Hi,

Are you using pulseaudio or jack?

I have no experience with sound, just trying to help…

• I’m not sure if that’s the way to check for it, but alsamixer says I’m using pulseaudio as device.

Posts 4Views 1320
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.