• OpenBox Feedback

have some ideas or have you found some bugs in Antergos Openbox.
    :bowtie:

share them here
    :+1:

• anyone have any thoughts on the default install of Antergos Openbox?

• Thanks Megaman!

So, any thoughts? I’m afraid that if nothing is asked for, Openbox version will be left as it is now in next Antergos release!

• i think it would be safe to leave as is for next release. i couldn’t find anything wrong with it myself. like i said before its probably the best default openbox setup ive used. maybe along with crunchbang.

• Antergos openbox IMO is the most beautiful Openbox setup any distro offers out of the box and the “Antergos minimal ISO” is what I wanted as my internet is slow asf. (Yes, i’m in middle-asia xD)

but i’d really like to have a more functional panel in openbox setup. tint2 is very minimal and I hate the ‘desktop right-click menu’ of openbox. A panel with Application menu and system powermanagement options is a must IMO.

Something like this > [http://fav.me/d3a81c9][0]">[http://fav.me/d3a81c9][1]

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: http://fav.me/d3a81c9

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• openbox is all about being minimal. tint2 is a pretty standard bar to have for openbox. i think its great!

you can easily swap it out for something else though if you want something with more options.

i think its best to keep openbox light and fast.

• i agree about the right click menu. i think a single menu on the right click would be much better.

• i agree about the right click menu. i think a single menu on the right click would be much better.

Could you elavorate this? I don’t understant what you mean by it :p (I’m not English, so bear with me)

• i think the other menu is from crunchbang. its just a bit quicker to get what you want with the crunchbang style menu. not a big issues it can be changed by the user.

• im trying to think of more feedback for you karasu lol but you really did a good job with the last release. i dont think it needs much tweaking.

• @“megaman”:3ny4dnw9 said:

im trying to think of more feedback for you karasu lol but you really did a good job with the last release. i dont think it needs much tweaking.[/quote:3ny4dnw9]

So, karasu, enjoy your holidays while other devs work

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Hahaha!!!

Thanks for your feedback guys!

• Hi,

How about replacing tint2 with [tint2-svn[/url:7srwdmqk] (svn version supports adding launchers) and adding slingscold[/url:7srwdmqk] launcher to it?]0

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Hi,

I’m not a fan of including patched versions, so I’m afraid tint2-svn is a no no. On the other hand, Slingscold looks very cool. We could add it to the plank bar… I’ll look into it, thanks!

• Aha! I forgot there’s plank too xD

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• Hi Yash,

I’m sorry but as it is slingscold does not work here. I just installed it in a VM with Antergos (Openbox edition, of course) and it just does not work. Have you tested it? Must I do something to setup it?

Cheers!

• Hi Gustav,

I didn’t do anything special. I compiled, installed it. Now the terminal command “slingscold” and ofcource, my set key combination works for me. Although it takes ~3 seconds for the menu to come on screen. Sounds very much like my desktop’s personal problem because I see it works fine in youtube [videos[/url:f062v4wj]

I’m On Gnome though. DE difference shouldn’t matter much :/

However, you can instead try using slingshot-launcher. I couldn’t compile slingshot-launcher and hence I use slingscold.
    This is the error I get when I try to compile slingshot-launcher

bzr: warning: unsupported locale setting  
    bzr could not set the application locale.  
    Although this should be no problem for bzr itself, it might  
    cause problems with some plugins. To investigate the issue,  
    look at the output of the locale(1p) tool.  
    You have not informed bzr of your Launchpad ID, and you must do this to  
    write to Launchpad or access private data. See "bzr help launchpad-login".

Hope you get either of the slings(hot/cold) working.

Cheers!]0

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• slingscold doesnt seem like a good fit for openbox. looks nice just the way it is. tint2 works great…plank works great. nice and light on both.

• I’ll fix oblogout icons to show Numix icons instead of the oxygen ones

• Hi,

I just tried to run slingscold in openbox session. I guess it doesn’t like openbox. Yes, it didn’t run on mine either ;-;
    Do you know any good looking launcher like slingscold? cause I don’t like ‘list’ type menus.

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

Posts 95Views 19487