• Error by installing from yaourt

hi, since i have installed antergos with gnome i often have troubles by installing software with yaourt. it happears “build failed” and stop the process at the end. does someone know what could be the problem?
    an other problem, by installing matlab it says that there’s a download protocol unknown: file, i’ve tried to install a program to manage ftp but nothing, i really need matlab due to my university:(

• hi, since i have installed antergos with gnome i often have troubles by installing software with yaourt. it happears “build failed” and stop the process at the end. does someone know what could be the problem?
    an other problem, by installing matlab it says that there’s a download protocol unknown: file, i’ve tried to install a program to manage ftp but nothing, i really need matlab due to my university:(

• Do all the softwares you build using yaourt give “build failed” error or just ‘matlab’?

Anyways, try Downloading tarball from AUR page then extract it, cd to the folder, then in terminal type makepkg and then you know what to do.

Example - [Matlab tarball[/url:244atq2n]

If the build process completes without any error. You’ll get a ‘filename.pkg.tar.xz’ in the same folder continue in the teminal type ‘sudo pacman -U filename.pkg.tar.xz’ (without ’ s)

Also, there’s an alternative to Yaourt, it’s called Packer. I’ve never used it but people say it’s more mature than yaourt.]0

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

Posts 3Views 1415