• Sudo Nautilus GTK Warning

I want to copy a carpet in my /lib/firmware folder and I can’t do it because when I do sudo nautilus it says: (nautilus:2361): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

Any solutions? or is there another way to copy the folder in the directory?
    Thanks

• I want to copy a carpet in my /lib/firmware folder and I can’t do it because when I do sudo nautilus it says: (nautilus:2361): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

Any solutions? or is there another way to copy the folder in the directory?
    Thanks

• If I remember correctly, it’s no longer possible to run Nautilus as root using sudo. Why not just use the command line to copy the file? Its just as easy:

For files:[command:17pt5f6a]cp /path/to/source/file /path/to/destination/file[/command:17pt5f6a]

For directories:[command:17pt5f6a]cp -R /path/to/source/ /path/to/destination/[/command:17pt5f6a]

If you want, you could try this to open nautilus as root:[command:17pt5f6a]sudo -E nautilus[/command:17pt5f6a]

Cheers!

Posts 3Views 1129