• Problem installing Antergos, partitions.

[img:1ra7qucj]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hvhgigHHOFE/VCw4q1HArdI/AAAAAAACqNw/_FYK-hADVLo/s1600/1491356_862651430441769_7829476048231034769_o.jpg[/img:1ra7qucj]

Hi, I’m new in this forum as a new user of Antergos, I’ve been trying it for a couple of hours and I really liked it, now I want to install it along ubuntu and Windows 7, but I have a problem/question.

When I installed Ubuntu with Windows 7, in the installation setup, I could choose the partition to use as the bootloader, but here in antergos, it only appears me all the hard drive, it doesn’t show me any partitions. As you can see in the image, I’ve already assign the boot partition it’s the sda4, so, my question is, If I go forward with the installation, will Antergos install but overwrite my hard drive erasing ubuntu and windows 7? Becasue I don’t want that.

Thank you for your time, I apologize for my bad english.

• [img:1ra7qucj]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hvhgigHHOFE/VCw4q1HArdI/AAAAAAACqNw/_FYK-hADVLo/s1600/1491356_862651430441769_7829476048231034769_o.jpg[/img:1ra7qucj]

Hi, I’m new in this forum as a new user of Antergos, I’ve been trying it for a couple of hours and I really liked it, now I want to install it along ubuntu and Windows 7, but I have a problem/question.

When I installed Ubuntu with Windows 7, in the installation setup, I could choose the partition to use as the bootloader, but here in antergos, it only appears me all the hard drive, it doesn’t show me any partitions. As you can see in the image, I’ve already assign the boot partition it’s the sda4, so, my question is, If I go forward with the installation, will Antergos install but overwrite my hard drive erasing ubuntu and windows 7? Becasue I don’t want that.

Thank you for your time, I apologize for my bad english.

• Hi,

May I ask why you don’t want to install GRUB in the MBR, thus replacing the Windows bootloader?

Installing GRUB in a partition is not recommended and generally considered to be a bad idea. One is usually better off letting Antergos install GRUB in the hard drive’s MBR.

GRUB can then take care of loading either Ubuntu, Antergos or Windows. This is simple, harmless, and the recommended approach.

This process is also completely reversible, should you choose to return to Windows and use its bootloader exclusively.

Also, you could install Antergos without installing GRUB (uncheck the option) and then, boot Ubuntu, and make Grub recognise Antergos (run sudo update-grub).

In worst case scenario, you’ll override your bootloader with Antergos Grub, then you won’t see Windows or Ubuntu but they won’t be erased!

Cheers!

P.S. Muchos usuarios hablamos también castellano, si te sientes más cómodo, puedes postear en tu idioma sin ningún problema. Saludos!

• @“karasu”:1ktc14vb said:

Hi,

May I ask why you don’t want to install GRUB in the MBR, thus replacing the Windows bootloader?

Installing GRUB in a partition is not recommended and generally considered to be a bad idea. One is usually better off letting Antergos install GRUB in the hard drive’s MBR.

GRUB can then take care of loading either Ubuntu, Antergos or Windows. This is simple, harmless, and the recommended approach.

This process is also completely reversible, should you choose to return to Windows and use its bootloader exclusively.

Also, you could install Antergos without installing GRUB (uncheck the option) and then, boot Ubuntu, and make Grub recognise Antergos (run sudo update-grub).

In worst case scenario, you’ll override your bootloader with Antergos Grub, then you won’t see Windows or Ubuntu but they won’t be erased!

Cheers!

P.S. Muchos usuarios hablamos también castellano, si te sientes más cómodo, puedes postear en tu idioma sin ningún problema. Saludos![/quote:1ktc14vb]

Muchas gracias! Ya pude instalar Antergos sin problemas :D Ahora tengo este otro problema, espero puedas ayudarme. Gracias de nuevo!
    [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2269&p=10636&hilit=sudo#p10636][0]">viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2269&p=10636&hilit=sudo#p10636

[0]: <a href=

Posts 4Views 1855