• Cinnamon is working fine with GTK 3.14

Just thought I would share that there dont appear to be any major issues after updating to GTK 3.14. The only issue that I have found are theme releated. The Numix devs are working to get updates released ASAP. Until then Adwaita is not so bad

• Just thought I would share that there dont appear to be any major issues after updating to GTK 3.14. The only issue that I have found are theme releated. The Numix devs are working to get updates released ASAP. Until then Adwaita is not so bad

• Numix’s checkboxes seem to have disappeared.

Examples:

Cinnamon themes:
    [img:2clu1wvs]http://i.imgur.com/ehcBJw3.png[/img:2clu1wvs]

Gnome terminal:
    [img:2clu1wvs]http://i.imgur.com/5L8kYqs.png[/img:2clu1wvs]

• I have the same issue with checkboxes being invisible, I think its related to Numix themes cause when I switch to a different theme I can see them.

• The Numix Frost update today seems to have fixed it.

• no its not completely fixed, check gnome calculator menu in cinnamon and you’ll see its greyed out.

• The numix frost update was just a small change to allow radio buttons and check boxes to be functional. A complete rewrite of the theme is underway…

• @“lots.0.logs”:1bjye0of said:

The numix frost update was just a small change to allow radio buttons and check boxes to be functional. A complete rewrite of the theme is underway…[/quote:1bjye0of]
    Thank you for the update, a question - how do you switch to gtk 3.14 from adwaita , I only have adwaita in themes.

• Adwaita is now the default theme for GTK.

• Hi Dustin,
    is there any update on gnome menus fix ? I still have certain things like gnome calculator or gedit menus greyed out.
    Thank You

• Hmm Cinnamon
    Running Mate but might have to try this

• Btw , Any pros on Cinnamon compared to Mate?

• Cinnamon is different than Mate. Mate is a good lightweight DE, cinnamon is in between gnome 3 and mate :) I like that applets and themes rarely need to be updated after cinnamon version changes unlike gnome 3 when the new version comes out the chances are your extensions wont work with it. Overall cinnamon is very stable. Try it and see if it works for you.

• Thanks, might give it a spin

Posts 14Views 2225