• \[SOLVED\]Why the censorship and deleted post

I posted a good question about cinnamon and gtk3.14 and it was deleted instead of answered.If thats the way things are going to work around here i guess i’ll move along then.
    See I was around when it was cinnarch and the gtk3.10 to 3.12 broke everything and that the true reason it dropped that name and switched to gnome as the defaut.
    I also know that the main dev had just got accepted as a tu in arch an was maintaining it when that happened an the arch dev wanted to drop it completely form repos so no one would have to deal with that again everytime gtk upgrades because the mint folks would not pull patches in for arch(mint has thier own gtk3.10 on git [url:3lazesnp]https://github.com/linuxmint/gtk[/url:3lazesnp]so they still do not have to upgrade).they have to be mantained separately.

• I posted a good question about cinnamon and gtk3.14 and it was deleted instead of answered.If thats the way things are going to work around here i guess i’ll move along then.
    See I was around when it was cinnarch and the gtk3.10 to 3.12 broke everything and that the true reason it dropped that name and switched to gnome as the defaut.
    I also know that the main dev had just got accepted as a tu in arch an was maintaining it when that happened an the arch dev wanted to drop it completely form repos so no one would have to deal with that again everytime gtk upgrades because the mint folks would not pull patches in for arch(mint has thier own gtk3.10 on git [url:3lazesnp]https://github.com/linuxmint/gtk[/url:3lazesnp]so they still do not have to upgrade).they have to be mantained separately.

• I posted a good question about cinnamon and gtk3.14 and it was deleted instead of answered.If thats the way things are going to work around here i guess i’ll move along then.

I can assure you none of the moderators have deleted your post on purpose. I remember reading your post yesterday, but I can’t find it now, so I apologize. Maybe faidoc or lots0logs can find out what happened.

I can’t help with your question, as I haven’t tested Cinnamon with Gtk 3.13 (devel) or 3.14, but it’s possible that this will break some things. As you say, that was the main reason to change our name and set Gnome as our default “official” desktop.

This is the FIRST time a post is deleted and I can assure you it was not any censorship involved (I hope this answer proves it).

I hope to read more posts comming from you.

Cheers!

• Thank you and i’ll mark solved.

• I can confirm that your post was deleted by mistake. I know this because it was MY mistake

Regarding your original question: There has been no mention of problems with GTK 3.14 on github (linuxmint tracks all issues on github). While I cannot say with 100% certainty, I don’t think we will see issues like we did in 3.12 because the changes in 3.14 are not as drastic. Of course we will keep everyone posted on any further information as we obtain it

Best Regards,

• @“lots.0.logs”:hasusd1f said:

I can confirm that your post was deleted by mistake. I know this because it was MY mistake

LMAO Dustin. This was hilarious!

Archlinux x64

AMD A4-3305M Processor
    6GB RAM
    1GB+512MB Hybrid AMD GPU

• doesnt the forum software have post pruning tools? most i have used always had those options.

• Yes but it only allows for a limited query for selecting posts to prune. Not sufficient for what I was doing at the time

Posts 8Views 1954