• Firefox 32

Firefox 32 is crashing on Antergos. No problem with Ubuntu 14.04 & Windows 7. Any thoughts or ideas how to fix the issue?

• Firefox 32 is crashing on Antergos. No problem with Ubuntu 14.04 & Windows 7. Any thoughts or ideas how to fix the issue?

• I have played around with this for a day, troubleshooting everything I can think of. Unfortunately, this issue is related to Antergos.

Any ideas guys?

• Hi,

@“parkslope”:1sf40fv3 said:

, troubleshooting everything I can think of.[/quote:1sf40fv3]Please elaborate. What steps have you taken? Did you check the journal log and .xsession-errors after it crashes? Is it crashing only when you perform certain tasks or view certain pages? We are glad to help in anyway we can but you must help us help you by providing more information than “Firefox 32 is crashing on Antergos.”

Thanks,

• I just found the answer on the Manjaro forum. It is the gst-vaapi package causing websites with animated gifs to crash. Remove that package, logged out and it appears all is well.

I wonder what that package is for…

• you using ati?

• @“megaman”:1x6if13x said:

you using ati?[/quote:1x6if13x]
    Yes. ;(

• I think i have a memory leak with firefox 32.0.x and with video inside firefox. Every time i play a video in FF, in youtube or any other source, i start getting errors notifications like “Error: Fork failed - Cannot allocate memory” when i try to open (and fail) any other application (from console to gimp).

plus after a wile my gnome-session starts eating 1GB RAM.

Anyone having this kind of issues, or any known any kind of solution?

• @“karasu”:2hxucx6h said:

[url:2hxucx6h]http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/vaapi/[/url:2hxucx6h]

Cheers![/quote:2hxucx6h]

i think this is the answer you are looking for.

i had the same problem for a while. i cant remember what i installed but it fixed it. either the vaapi or the opencl-catalyst

• I’m having the same problem with videos on instagram and other sites and i have nvidia.

• i think this the last post/reply i’m doing in antergos forums!

• @“blisbell”:bfcz4ezm said:

I’m having the same problem with videos on instagram and other sites and i have nvidia.[/quote:bfcz4ezm]

Have you tried removing the gst-vaapi package to see if the issue improves?

@“quimkaos”:bfcz4ezm said:

i think this the last post/reply i’m doing in antergos forums![/quote:bfcz4ezm]I’m not sure I understand? Why is this the last post you will make?

Best Regards,

• never mind, just a bad day…

• mmm just noticed this in the free -h command:

total used free shared buffers cached  
    Mem: 3,9G 3,7G 167M 60M 66M 1,3G  
    -/+ buffers/cache: 2,3G 1,5G  
    Swap: 0B 0B 0B

swap is not active, thou i have the clear picture of activating it on install…
    and i have no swap in my fstab file
    can this be the source of my problem?
    [edit]
    Yes it was
    now, with gnome shell hogging 1GB ram (

• Hi,

Looong time ago there was a bug in Cnchi (Antergos Installer) where swap was not mounted. I’ll check it just in case.

Cheers!

• i have 3-6 months of Antergos, so it’s not that long…
    thou i remember removing my Ubuntu swap and reformat.
    installed Antergos 2-3 times the same way to mess/kick start it
    i Have a 25GB root partition
    8GB swap
    *GB /home

Again… i can be wrong, and in the last install (current config) forgot to remove all partitions, rebuild all partitions and forgot to initialize the swap

Posts 17Views 3506