• Random apps crash in Antergos GNOME

Some programs run perfectly well, like Firefox, Banshee, etc. Others crash after a few seconds. That’s the case of qBittorrent, Flacon, MuseScore, etc. Chromium doesn’t even open. Ideas?
    Some specs: GNOME Versión 3.12.2
    Base system: Arch Linux 64-bit

• Some programs run perfectly well, like Firefox, Banshee, etc. Others crash after a few seconds. That’s the case of qBittorrent, Flacon, MuseScore, etc. Chromium doesn’t even open. Ideas?
    Some specs: GNOME Versión 3.12.2
    Base system: Arch Linux 64-bit

• I have also had problems with qBittorrent…but Chromium works perfectly for me.

• @“Scott00007”:rfeth3fx said:

I have also had problems with qBittorrent…but Chromium works perfectly for me.[/quote:rfeth3fx]

Could you at least tell me how you fixed qBittorrent problem?

• I “fixed” it by using qtransmission. Not my Ideal solution but qtransmission works at least.

• @“Scott00007”:if4d1rgr said:

I “fixed” it by using qtransmission. Not my Ideal solution but qtransmission works at least.[/quote:if4d1rgr]

haha I see… The problem is that I run qbittorrent with other distros I installed. I have 4 distros to choose on boot. So, when I start Antergos, I want to resume downloads with the same program, follow? Thnks anyway.

• What happens when you try to run qbittorrent? Make another attempt to start it and then post what’s in:[code:n1uk71rw]~/.xsession-errors[/code:n1uk71rw] Also, might as well post your journal also. You can write it to a file with this:[command:n1uk71rw]sudo journalctl -b 0 > ~/journal.log[/command:n1uk71rw]

Best Regards,

• @“lots.0.logs” said:

What happens when you try to run qbittorrent? Make another attempt to start it and then post what’s in:[code:1h8os3rt]~/.xsession-errors[/code:1h8os3rt] Also, might as well post your journal also. You can write it to a file with this:[command:1h8os3rt]sudo journalctl -b 0 > ~/journal.log[/command:1h8os3rt]

I get this in Terminal
    $ libpng warning: iCCP: profile ‘Photoshop ICC profile’: 'RGB ‘: RGB color space not permitted on grayscale PNG
    Violación de segmento (`core’ generado)
    Reported as a bug:
    [https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1195724][0]">[https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1195724][1]
    Let’s see if I can work out the solution

[0]: <a href=
    [1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1195724

• journal.log:
    For qbittorrent:

qBittorrent.desktop[660]: libpng warning: iCCP: profile ‘Photoshop ICC profile’: 'RGB ': RGB color space not permitted on grayscale PNG
    systemd-coredump[686]: Process 660 (qbittorrent) of user 1000 dumped core.

For VLC:

systemd-coredump[3386]: Process 3362 (vlc) of user 1000 dumped core.
    systemd-coredump[3397]: Process 3389 (vlc) of user 1000 dumped core.

• I could finally solve this problem, after spending two days digging in a wide range of forums going from ubuntu ones to arch, launchpad, google chrome, etc.
    I am going to list all the applications that crashed after a while: Firefox, Seamonkey, qBittorrent, Flacon, Vlc, museScore. (each one showing ‘core dumped’ error in terminal)
    There were a few that didn’t even open: Chromium, LibreOffice.
    I read that the package called “libxcursor” was responsible for such thing. The solution consisted simply on downgrading to an older version, which I accomplished via PacmanXG package manager. So libxcursor 1.1.14-2 was replaced with 1.1.14-1. Every program I listed runs smoothly right now. Hope they fix this bug (?) in a future release.

Posts 10Views 1945