• Add KDE and Drop Gnome

I have Cinnamon as my default DE with Gnome installed, which I never use. I am contemplating ditching Gnome for KDE. Will this cause any problems with Cinnamon? I am a little confused about the commands required to pull this off. Can someone give me an idea? The Arch Wiki is a bit confusing on the subject.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I didn’t ask this question correctly. It’s easy enough to install kde via the command line. My question really is how to remove Gnome and will everything be removed. Also are there any problems this whole thing could cause.

• I have Cinnamon as my default DE with Gnome installed, which I never use. I am contemplating ditching Gnome for KDE. Will this cause any problems with Cinnamon? I am a little confused about the commands required to pull this off. Can someone give me an idea? The Arch Wiki is a bit confusing on the subject.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I didn’t ask this question correctly. It’s easy enough to install kde via the command line. My question really is how to remove Gnome and will everything be removed. Also are there any problems this whole thing could cause.

• Bump. Is it safe to do this or should I skip it…

More importantly, what is the correct way do this via command line (assuming it won’t cause a system meltdown).

Thanks.

Posts 3Views 1295