• \[Solved\] IMAP notifier for gnome shell

Hi,

does anybody know about a good shell extension (for the top bar) to notify the user of new IMAP messages? I was hoping, that the GMail notifier extension checks all configured Online Accounts, but it seems to look only at GMail. At least, none of my other IMAP accounts showed up.

There seems to be on [url:54gri1m1]https://extensions.gnome.org/[/url:54gri1m1] or I missed it.

It should not require any mail client like thunderbird or evolution to run.

Thanks!

Dell Latitude E6230 with Intel i7, 8GB RAM, 500 GB SSD
    dual boot: Antergos and Debian Stretch both 64bit and running gnome-shell
    surviving in a Windows world with VMware WS and Codeweavers Crossover

• Hi,

does anybody know about a good shell extension (for the top bar) to notify the user of new IMAP messages? I was hoping, that the GMail notifier extension checks all configured Online Accounts, but it seems to look only at GMail. At least, none of my other IMAP accounts showed up.

There seems to be on [url:54gri1m1]https://extensions.gnome.org/[/url:54gri1m1] or I missed it.

It should not require any mail client like thunderbird or evolution to run.

Thanks!

• Sorry for the late reply

Best Regards,

• Thanks, Dustin!

In the meantime I (re-)discovered “mailnag”, which now comes with an extension to put a mail notification icon in the top panel! It supports GMail, Yahoo, IMAP and the like.

Just forgot to update the post! mailnag works very nicely - just what I was looking for. It’s in the repositories.

Cheers!

• Cool thanks for the tip. I may have to give mailnag a try!

Cheers!

• Seems like mailnag sort of does work under Cinnamon, too. At least, on new mail a notification pops up at the panel. However, there is no icon, that new mail has arrived. Since the notification disappears after a few seconds it’s (at least for me) besides the point.

But, maybe someone comes up with Cinnamon plugin for mailnag to display an icon. :)

Cheers!

Posts 6Views 1239