• \[Solved\] gcc multilib update problem

Hi all,

since a few days, when I try to update my system, I get dependency errors on glibc:

\> yaourt -Syu --aur  
    :: Synchronizing package databases...  
    core is up to date  
    extra 1774,4 KiB 3,86M/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    community 2,3 MiB 9,49M/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    multilib-testing 6,7 KiB 0,00B/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    multilib is up to date  
    antergos is up to date  
    error: failed to prepare transaction (unexpected error)  
    :: Starting full system upgrade...  
    resolving dependencies...  
    warning: cannot resolve "glibc\>=2.20", a dependency of "gcc-libs-multilib"  
    warning: cannot resolve "gcc-libs-multilib=4.9.1-2", a dependency of "gcc-multilib"  
    :: The following packages cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:  
    gcc-libs-multilib gcc-multilib  

:: Do you want to skip the above packages for this upgrade? [y/N] ^C  
    Interrupt signal received  

Looks like the mentioned multilib require 2.20 while the repos currently provide 2.19. Or is the dependency wrong? lib32-glibc is at 2.20 …

Thanks and cheers,

Riko

Dell Latitude E6230 with Intel i7, 8GB RAM, 500 GB SSD
    dual boot: Antergos and Debian Stretch both 64bit and running gnome-shell
    surviving in a Windows world with VMware WS and Codeweavers Crossover

• Hi all,

since a few days, when I try to update my system, I get dependency errors on glibc:

\> yaourt -Syu --aur  
    :: Synchronizing package databases...  
    core is up to date  
    extra 1774,4 KiB 3,86M/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    community 2,3 MiB 9,49M/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    multilib-testing 6,7 KiB 0,00B/s 00:00 [\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#\#] 100%  
    multilib is up to date  
    antergos is up to date  
    error: failed to prepare transaction (unexpected error)  
    :: Starting full system upgrade...  
    resolving dependencies...  
    warning: cannot resolve "gcc-libs-multilib=4.9.1-2", a dependency of "gcc-multilib"  
    :: The following packages cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:  
    gcc-libs-multilib gcc-multilib  

:: Do you want to skip the above packages for this upgrade? [y/N] ^C  
    Interrupt signal received  

Looks like the mentioned multilib require 2.20 while the repos currently provide 2.19. Or is the dependency wrong? lib32-glibc is at 2.20 …

Thanks and cheers,

Riko

• If you enabled multilib-testing you must also enable the regular testing repo. However, I don’t recommend using the testing repos. Packages do not stay in testing very long. It’s more like a staging repo than a testing repo.

Cheers!

• Thanks! Disabled multilib-testing in pacman.conf and everything goes through.

Cheers and thanks again!

Posts 4Views 1343