• Keep old kernel

Hi antergos developers
    I wish you could keep in your repo some of the old repos (for example kernel312, kernel313 alongside with current kernel. Why? because some hardware is not working with new kernel so antergos becomes unusable. for example my amd graphic card has a lot of problems after kernel 313 and this stucks me with manjaro who provides older kernels while antergos switches with each update to the new kernel. and linuxlts has more problems than the latest kernel (I wonder why they choose such a crappy kernel as 314 btw)
    if by any chance is already possible to install older kernels please let me know…
    giorgio

• Hi antergos developers
    I wish you could keep in your repo some of the old repos (for example kernel312, kernel313 alongside with current kernel. Why? because some hardware is not working with new kernel so antergos becomes unusable. for example my amd graphic card has a lot of problems after kernel 313 and this stucks me with manjaro who provides older kernels while antergos switches with each update to the new kernel. and linuxlts has more problems than the latest kernel (I wonder why they choose such a crappy kernel as 314 btw)
    if by any chance is already possible to install older kernels please let me know…
    giorgio

• Hi,

Unfortunately we do not have the resources to manage the packaging of older kernels. Sorry! Arch is a rolling release, so bugs are to be expected. You could compile your own kernels though. The Arch Wiki has really good documentation on how to compile kernels.

Best Regards,

• you probably better off with a non rolling distro.

• [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2200][0]">viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2200

I installed kernel 3.14 first then

sudo chmod a-x /etc/grub.d/10\_antergos  
    sudo chmod a+x /etc/grub.d/10\_linux  
    sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

then reboot and choose older kernel.
    After reboot deinstalled 3.16 and did command

sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

again.
    Everything runs fine with 3.14

[0]: <a href=

Posts 5Views 1517