• EndeavourOS............ Newsupdate.

Some of you have gotten hold of our very first Beta release, unfortunately things weren’t working as expected. Later this week we will release another Beta release for you to play with.

The few who already worked with the ISO, noticed the absence of Cnchi and that we’re seriously working with Calamares for our offline installer and with a netinstaller for the online installer.
    The Fenix installer (that is under development by RebornOS) still needs work and Cnchi is causing havoc with our repo.
    We are still looking into revitalizing Cnchi, but in the meantime we’re also looking at other options.

We also encountered some problems with our server and due to personal circumstances on my side, the work on the website was at a stand still for over a week.

With all these setbacks and challenges happening, we (unfortunately) have to inform you that EndeavourOS will not be launched on the first of July but two weeks later. We still will be releasing Beta releases in the meantime and your feedback is more than welcome.

We’re very sorry for the delay, but we rather give you a distro and a website you can work with, than a half baked version.

The new release date is:

15th of July

• And there it is first real BETA ISO with offline Installer for a XFCE4 Desktop, and many tools for rescue/backup.

• Only one DE (XFCE)?

• @tuxnot for the first beta yes…
    We do need more time to get netinstall working with all 10 DE

• @joekamprad
    Thanks for your work. I am sure that you will succeed. Antegos Russia monitors the development of a new project.

• @Bryanpwo It may be somewhat late to make this request (and it may have already been addressed) but would you include, on the Live ISO, the GParted program so that those of us who wish to do so may reformat our hard drive(s) prior to installing EndeavourOS?

Thank you for considering my request.

• @Bryanpwo I should also have mentioned that I personally like the Calamares installer very much but I can “live” with Cnchi (or something similar) if necessary.

Calamares has worked perfectly every time I have tried it.

• @lhb1142 It’s already on the beta 👍

• @lhb1142 we prepare the LiveISO to be used as a rescue system also.

It have gparted, rsync, grsync, conezilka, ddrescue, testdisk and more, we can alao include backends for common backup programms.

• would like to suggest installing desired software or a different DE are described on Arch’s install wiki – EndeavourOS does the heavy lifting of initial install

• for example, to install KDE Plasma:

sudo pacman -S plasma

• EndeavourOS installed in a virtual machine. I haven’t found any real problems as of yet.

alt text

• @Bryanpwo said in EndeavourOS............ Newsupdate.:

We also encountered some problems with our server and due to personal circumstances on my side, the work on the website was at a stand still for over a week.

Please let us know if you need more (wo)manpower or support of any kind. I’m sure there’s enough know-how and motivation amongst the community. And thank you for all the updates, that’s already a big step forward! Keep it up!

• @bigant
    Thanks for the kind offer, the problems concerning the server had to do with the limitations the hostingcompany put on the VPS, so it took some time to figure that one out.

• @lhb1142 said in EndeavourOS............ Newsupdate.:

@Bryanpwo It may be somewhat late to make this request (and it may have already been addressed) but would you include, on the Live ISO, the GParted program so that those of us who wish to do so may reformat our hard drive(s) prior to installing EndeavourOS?

Thank you for considering my request.

I should also have mentioned that I personally like the Calamares installer very much but I can “live” with Cnchi . > (or something similar) if necessary.

Calamares has worked perfectly every time I have tried it.

Thanks for all of the replies. I am looking forward to the ‘official’ release of EndeavourOS.

• EndeavourOS Beta release 2.1 is out now

https://endeavour.kamprad.net/beta/

Theme improvement
    ADB removed from Firefox

Also since today the official Telegram channel opened

https://t.me/Endeavouros

• Installed the beta 2.0 successfully on a Dell with an i7-6700. Works well, looks good. KDE Plasma installed easily and SDDM seemed to accept my auto-login choice. Again, much appreciation for your efforts.

• I installed the Beta 2.1 in VirtualBox and it works smoothly for a beta. I will follow the development because I liked Antergos. Maybe I will love endeavourOS 😉

endaevourOS_installer
    The terminal in the installer seems a little bit too transparent.

• @lostinweb yes transparency is total… i am not sure why jet, we will solve this in next release.

• @Bryanpwo
    Well, 15 days is not much, it’s worth the wait, besides - nemo sapiens nisi patiens. So I keep my fingers crossed for you.

In my humble opinion, cnchi - if well polished - would not be equal. If possible, do not give up this installer too hastily.

Regards.

newsupdate1 Posts 29Views 2516
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.