• Installing from Antergos iso after project ends

Does anyone see issues continuing to use the last Antergos iso after this projects ends?

It appears that the last iso will be an install without Antergos repositories…

The Arch Zen installer is good but Antergos has a nice login screen and Numix preinstalled.

• @schnappi said in Installing from Antergos iso after project ends:

Does anyone see issues continuing to use the last Antergos iso after this projects ends?

It appears that the last iso will be an install without Antergos repositories…

The Arch Zen installer is good but Antergos has a nice login screen and Numix preinstalled.

There’s only one way to find out: try it, preferably on a ‘spare’ computer.

Also, if you like the Numix icons, you can copy them from /user/share/icons and, once you have them copied (preferably on a flash drive or other external drive), you can copy and use them on any operating system you wish.

On my current Antergos installations, I use the lightdm-slick-greeter (from the AUR). I would assume that that login screen is available for all Arch-type systems.

• I just tried it the other day with installer failing iirc it was qt something.
    I was attempting to install kde. I gave up after the 3rd try.
    Now that I think about it, I wonder if openbox would fail the same, maybe I’ll try later.

• @Firespray It was still working. I installed Cinnamon the other day but you have to uncheck printing support and it will install. You can install CUPS and some other required printer packages after. KDE should install as it was the one i had installed numerous times. Hopefully the devs are going to put out update files before shutting it down to remove Antergos stuff. I didn’t have to uncheck printing support for KDE at the time but not sure now. It may be the same case as Cinnamon.

• @Firespray If you are trying to install the entire system from scratch, when the live disc mounts, go into the programs and find GParted. Run that and reformat all of the drives on your computer. Then install. In my experience the Cnchi installer will then work perfectly.

If I misunderstood you and you are trying to install only part of Antergos from the disc, then I apologize for this post.

installing130 iso83 project5 ends1 Posts 5Views 936
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.