• Endeavour, in preparation for launch........

@ricklinux Thanks! I have more where that came from. 😀

• @Zoidmo Can’t wait… ☺

• @ricklinux said in Endeavour, in preparation for launch........:

@Zoidmo Can’t wait… ☺

It may take a while, stay tuned. 😃

• @Zoidmo
    I like it too. Just remove archlinux icon, or we won’t be able to use it.

• @fernandomaroto Can do, I did look up the license, and it’s Creative commons share but unaltered. I used the three blues from their most recent version, as well as similar text styling. I can change the colors in mere minutes if anyone doesn’t dig blue. 😐

• @Zoidmo How about an E that represents Endeavour. It would be like it’s own type of logo so as soon as you see it you know it’s Endeavour! So the E could be inside the Arch shape you have with a box around it?

• I can do that too, I can swap the Arch Logo for an E from whatever font I use in the drawings (to keep it consistent). That way there can be a textual logo, and Tux can be used separately too, where a full logo isn’t needed.

• @Zoidmo You could actually put the E inside the Arch type logo if you change it a bit? And a square box around the E? Try both ways and see what you come up with! Play with it! Yes i agree you could have the Tux also as you say.

• Heres another one:
    Zoidmo's Endeavour Logo 3 638x210.png
    Heres V3.1.

• And this guy:
    Zoidmo's Endeavour Tux E 264x396.png

• @privacyinmind said in Endeavour, in preparation for launch........:

2.) Social Media: FOCUS please only on OPEN SOURCE equivalents like Mastodon because Telegram isn´t an alternative. They use closed servers, nobody knows where they are or wich countrys support them why they have own interests. Telegramchats are unencrypted, we need no closed chat where everybody needs an account to join.

i agree, with chat must be open without registration… like IRC ;)
    I was starting on Telegram only for now, as discussion starts there and Antergos chat was there already…
    I am more used to IRC but today most users want something more sweet with emoticons and stuff…

But for Mastodon we need to host it on our own server then, or is there a place to create a channel/room on a public server free of extra charges?

Twitter is not what we do use for communication with the community itself, it will be more like a publishing channel for main news for outside the community.

and sure good point on imgur…

• @Zoidmo we are playing, right? Tux is cute 'n all, but not really logo material. More like mascot.
    The old Antergos team was striving towards a professional visual identity. luke_d had a very advanced laboriously worked and scientifically constructed logo in the making for the Antergos project. I see he’s joined the new core team, so I guess he will probably continue his pro work.

Btw regarding the Arch logo, it might be CC, but how it can be showcased and association of other entities with their logo is a different thing altogether. Its use is subjected to these terms: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:TrademarkPolicy

• @nate_x What’s a “scientifically constructed logo”? Where is Luke_d’s logo, do you mean the actual Antergos logo, or “one in the making” IOW a new one that’s not done yet or one that wasn’t used?

Anyhow the Antergos logo looks like a beach ball, and doesn’t conjure up any relation to Linux, Arch or an OS, or even tech for that matter.

• @nate_x And no, I am not playing, it’s takes a lot of time to do that!

• @Zoidmo I liked the flying penguin. Even if wouldn’t be used as a system icon i hope endeavour team can agree on using in “slideshow” of the installer.
    “Put the fun back back into computing”

• All efforts & ideas are well-respected & welcomed , guys. Personally, I want to thank anyone standing by this new project of ours. 👌

• @fernandomaroto said in Endeavour, in preparation for launch........:

“Put the fun back back into computing”

That was the plan, A logo does not have to be dry and boring, and especially not meaningless.

• Endeavor

1. to try hard to do or achieve something.
    2. an attempt to achieve a goal.
    3. to attempt something by exertion of effort.

Putting these concepts into a logo is not easy, add to that in context to Linux, Arch and Operating System. 😓

• @Zoidmo said in Endeavour, in preparation for launch........:

@nate_x What’s a “scientifically constructed logo”? Where is Luke_d’s logo, do you mean the actual Antergos logo, or “one in the making” IOW a new one that’s not done yet or one that wasn’t used?

Anyhow the Antergos logo looks like a beach ball, and doesn’t conjure up any relation to Linux, Arch or an OS, or even tech for that matter.

It was not my intention to attack you. Sorry if you took it personal. I raised this exactly because i see you invest a lot of time in this. I know it’s a lot of time. But also I work with professional designers in my field and I know how much knowledge and study beside talent goes into a well made logo. It’s proportions, color science, communication. A blend of a lot of sciences.

I like your artwork, and I respect your work, but I think a little less is more when designing a logo.

• @nate_x I am not getting worked up, but you didn’t articulate well. I understand marketing, and also “Gorilla Marketing” Actually made some logo’s for small businesses, have published work… This is a Linux distro, not a corporate logo. We don’t have to delve too deep into it’s psychological function, and normally people (psychologists) are hired specifically for that purpose, and most often to prey on peoples gullibility. That’s a little much for this purpose.

endeavour12 launch8 preparation1 Posts 272Views 10405
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.