• Proprietary Software - Installer

Hello i’m a new user since 3 days and i really like this distro, coming from manjaro after a year.

My question is when you install antergos you get to choose whether or not to install proprietary software.
    What packages get installed when you set it to on?
    I’ve manually installed flash and an mp3 player after installing Antergos.

• Hello i’m a new user since 3 days and i really like this distro, coming from manjaro after a year.

My question is when you install antergos you get to choose whether or not to install proprietary software.
    What packages get installed when you set it to on?
    I’ve manually installed flash and an mp3 player after installing Antergos.

• Hello,

if you look well it is written juste under it. basicly it is just proprietary drivers codecs etc.

Long Live Antergos
    [Major Linux Problems on the Desktop or Why Linux is not (yet) Ready for the Desktop, 2016 edition] (http://linuxfonts.narod.ru/why.linux.is.not.ready.for.the.desktop.current.html)

• Hi,

As you guessed, it installs the Flash plugin. Also installs libdvdcss, wich is used to decrypt DVD’s.

I’m afraid we’ll have to rephrase this, as I see now that it can give the false impression that if you don’t install this you’ll have a SO free from propietary software, which is not the case.

Cheers!

• @“nekosan”:3u7vna40 said:

Hello,

if you look well it is written juste under it. basicly it is just proprietary drivers codecs etc.[/quote:3u7vna40]
    It says “and other media”.
    I just wanted to know what exactly. Maybe something i can use?

@“karasu”:3u7vna40 said:

Hi,

As you guessed, it installs the Flash plugin. Also installs libdvdcss, wich is used to decrypt DVD’s.

I’m afraid we’ll have to rephrase this, as I see now that it can give the false impression that if you don’t install this you’ll have a SO free from propietary software, which is not the case.

Cheers![/quote:3u7vna40]
    It doesn’t install the nvidia proprietary software?
    Guess i don’t really need it then.
    Installing flashplugin takes just a few seconds.

• I enabled that option and it installed Gentoo on my machine. I had to start over…

Sorry, I couldn’t resist…

Derp

• @“Uli_Kunkle”:jprnwew7 said:

I enabled that option and it installed Gentoo on my machine. I had to start over…

Sorry, I couldn’t resist…[/quote:jprnwew7]
    You’re lucky, that thing is hard to install.

I got ubuntu WITH unity

Posts 7Views 1454