• Endeavour project names.........

@nate_x Ja ich habe dort für ungefähr 22 Jahre gelebt! Ich kann ja sagen das ich ein wasch echter Bayer bin!

• i think Endeavour is a strong name Endeavour Linux :) or Antdeavour Linux Project :)

• @Firespray I like the name however it’s unfortunately already taken:

http://www.chronoslinux.org/wiki/Main_Page

• @bkaplan said in Endeavour project names.........:

I’m rooting for whatever becomes of the Endeavour project! Thanks for leading the community forward.

Thanks to empowering!

Come to my mind while reading this thread:
    Arch = bridge
    so why not something under it loke:
    rail / river / speedway (all fast and forward ;) )

• @Zoidmo said in Endeavour project names.........:

@nate_x Ja ich habe dort für ungefähr 22 Jahre gelebt! Ich kann ja sagen das ich ein wasch echter Bayer bin!

erzähl keinen Quark 😂 (ich bin ein Berliner)

• @joekamprad Sau Preuße! 😉

• @Zoidmo thanks for the flowers ;)

• @joekamprad Das bist du doch selbst eingerast! Bin ein paar mal in Berlin, es war dufte!

• @doyler78

It figures…I was doing searches to find that sort of thing…the first two names I thought of showed up in searches were already taken, but for some reason that one didn’t…thought I’d gotten away with it :P

• Two names from me…

1. EasyArch
    2. Arch4All
  • @joekamprad along those lines how about puenteOS

• I’d be very careful about using Arch directly in the name as it could leave the project open to a trademark dispute. Nobody wants a rename forced on them. Better to avoid any potential issues at the outset.

• @doyler78
    That’s absolutely right, we can’t use Arch in the name, Arcolinux had to change that name because the old name had Arch in it.

• a few names:
    AuronOS -
    NimbleOS -
    Vélos -greek for arrowhead…the Arch way logo?

• @Bryanpwo I like the name Aura (which means Dawn). It is short and easy to remember. As far as I know, Aura is not used for any GNU/Linux distribution. The name Aura Linux (or a one-word combination of those two) would also be good, in my opinion.

Would it be possible (and acceptable to the current developers) to create and implement a repository which would “automatically” convert the current Antergos to the new “Endeavour” (or whatever name you decide) operating system in a seamless fashion?

• AroraOS Borealis edition.

• @lhb1142
    We’re going to look into that, we’re in a very exciting stage at the moment, but our first stage is to provide you guys with a new home, the second stage is to offer you a distro with a good working ISO and your suggestion is going to be looked into in that stage. I can’t express enough how thankful we are for the love and confidence you’re showing for this project.

• Todos - everyone in spanish…like antergos for everyone
    Unitos -
    Liberos - means free

• @Bryanpwo said in Endeavour project names.........:

@lhb1142
    We’re going to look into that, we’re in a very exciting stage at the moment, but our first stage is to provide you guys with a new home, the second stage is to offer you a distro with a good working ISO and your suggestion is going to be looked into in that stage. I can’t express enough how thankful we are for the love and confidence you’re showing for this project.

I suppose I shouldn’t say this publicly, but, as you wrote back to me (and I thank you for your kind remark), I’d like to mention the reason I stated that I like the name Aura: yes it means Dawn but it can also stand for A(rch) U(ser) R(epository) - A.

If you feel that this post is inappropriate, just tell me so and I’ll delete it.

• @lhb1142
    No I don’t think it’s inappropiate, personally I liked the name a lot, but I can already reveal that Aura isn’t going to make the final cut, because it’s already taken as a domain.

endeavour12 project5 names4 Posts 104Views 2079
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.