• Endeavour, Antergos community's next stage........

@joekamprad said in Endeavour, Antergos community's next stage........:

i do not like tux he looks very oldshool…

You will too one day! It’s just a harmless little penguin that bites if you try to pick it up, as Linus found out.

• The name could be “Keystone” the arch keystone? … I need a Antergos starting now … :)

• We are all part of the tree. Our community reaches everyone. We extend from the root. We are the Branch. Come join us under the tree. We are Branch Linux. ☺

• I like Keystone, never fall, but branch looks strong also… let´s test: Keystone OS… Branch OS… well… :)

• What’s wrong with “Endeavour OS” ?

How about “Empowered OS” ?

• @Zoidmo said in Endeavour, Antergos community's next stage........:

@joekamprad said in Endeavour, Antergos community's next stage........:

i do not like tux he looks very oldshool…

You will too one day! It’s just a harmless little penguin that bites if you try to pick it up, as Linus found out.

i am a child from 70ties ✌

• @joekamprad I am a child of the 60’s! 🤩

• @andreasdimo79 How about Phoenix?

• @debiandonder In the greek mythology it was a bird that rebirth from his ashes. Its not a bad idea, but maybe it has be taken

• @andreasdimo79 It’s taken. I guess this kind of project death and resurrection is pretty common in the open-source world.
    https://phoenixlinux.weebly.com/
    “Now, from the maker of feren OS, comes a new rebirth of Cub Linux called Phoenix Linux. Phoenix Linux is a side-project based on Lubuntu…”

• @nate_x Because its common thats why i presume that it was taken. Nevermind the name is not that important to me.

• @nate_x How about hydra?

• If the Endeavour name sticks here my icon suggestion,its a combination of the endeavour mission logo and the archlinux logo,made by me GPLv3: endeavour.png

• @hm_
    Nice job!!! I like it very much…

• @hm_

I wonderd about Endeavour being the OS name when I first saw the thread names on what’s going on…
    I like your design.
    I can see that shuttle logo getting made into some very neat things if it sticks.

One of the cosmetic reasons I liked arch was the logo…reminds me a little bit of a
    Star Destroyer…yours makes me think of the Executor Star Destroyer lol
    The name Executor “ex·ec·u·tor” sounds cool too haha

• @nadir Was Answered at the Start on the first page. Devs do not want to let it continue with the same name since they won’t be a part of it and people would assume they are.

• I love Antergos and would like to see it survive. If it will be renamed, I would humbly submit an idea: Archipelagos

Reasons Why:

1. It honors Antergos by being phonetically reminiscent.
    2. It obviously contains the word Arch, which would tip off some users to the distro bloodline.
    3. The word is a bit more relatable than Antergos and more elegant than CinnArch, which may attract new users.
    4. The definition of Archipelagos is an appropriate metaphor for GNU/Linux. (An Archipelago is a collection of islands closely connected within the same body of water.)
    5. Plus, there’s a lot of beautiful scenic artwork that could be utilized for the Archipelago concept when creating themes, logos, wallpapers and icons.

alt text

• @xfce4me not only do I love it, I’ve already submitted this name to the thread where the names are being submitted: https://forum.antergos.com/topic/11787/endeavour-project-names/14

• @nate_x Cool. I like the way you think!

endeavour12 stage1 communitys1 Posts 141Views 16272
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.