• Arc

Since the Antergos project is shutting down I thought I’d take a moment to post about a project I’ve been working on called Arc. It’s essentially an installer for Arch / pseudo-distribution (It’ll be a distro in its own right when the project is more developed) written entirely in bash script. For those who find Arch too daunting but don’t like the bloatedness of Manjaro, this might be a good alternative :)

contributions are welcome!

The project can be found at https://www.github.com/c1ph3r8472/Arc

• Is it already functional? i would like to try out !

• @joekamprad It’s completely functional! I’ll also be monitoring this thread for any questions you or anyone may have :)

• @c1ph3r8472 fine i will try right now

• needs to make the bin files executable before getting them work (chmod +x /usr/bin/arc // chmod +x /usr/bin/secondstage)

• That’s a given ;P but it should be in the documentation, you’re right.

• what exactly is it installing? base system only or is it also doing xserver DM and stuff? i see x drivers installed also and grub is installed … but no DE ? and DM?

• @joekamprad

A complete desktop stack including WM / DE should be installed (cinnamon based). The complete list is in the stack config under PACKAGES

• @joekamprad said in Arc:

what exactly is it installing? base system only or is it also doing xserver DM and stuff? i see x drivers installed also and grub is installed … but no DE ? and DM?

@c1ph3r8472 said in Arc:

@joekamprad

A complete desktop stack including WM / DE should be installed (cinnamon based). The complete list is in the stack config under PACKAGES

It’s also worth noting that the default stack requires multilib, so if you disabled it it may have failed to install everything correctly.

arc1 Posts 10Views 127
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.