• LTS Kernel

@nate_x I agree with both points. It’s just a shame about the Budgie desktop that I find to be just right for me, however everything doesn’t work yet, like with say Gnome. That’s actually strange because I thought Budgie was a fork of Gnome.

• Budgie was a disaster for me. I loved it! I even declared my love for it in blog posts, when it started disintegrating under me and it wouldn’t even load anymore. Of course this happened when I was at the most critical point in one of my projects and simply needed to have work done.
    I moved to Cinnamon, then Mate. Both Cinnamon and Mate were splendid but had issues with ethernet and some other drivers on this machine.
    I then moved to XFCE and finally stopped. It’s stable and I’ve customized it to look just like Budgie had. Combined with the zen kernel it’s blazing fast and simply works. Reliably. Themes and Icon packs nowadays tend to make choosing a DE a little less important.

• @nate_x said in LTS Kernel:

Leaving both kernels in place is a great way to ensure you have a fallback kernel should an update cause issues with your active one.

That is true Nate, but there is just one thing I don’t understand.

If was going into the grub menu in order to boot into the LTS version of the kernal and found latest stable kernel on the top and under that a fall back version. The same applied to the LTS kernel It also had a fall back beneath it. Do I therefore have four kernels?

• I think when updating the kernel to a newer version, a fallback image is saved just to allow you to safely boot the previous one, if it proves that the new kernel makes your system unstable.
    This for every kernel variant (LTS, zen, hardened etc) you have installed.

• This post is deleted!
kernel152 lts20 Posts 25Views 381
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.