• Antergos is going to end.

I just found out that the @developers have decided to end Antergos development.

Please read this sad announcement:
    https://antergos.com/blog/antergos-linux-project-ends/

As the announcement says, your systems will be working much like Arch distros, so no need to panic right now.

From a user’s point of view, my personal favorites after Antergos are Arch and Manjaro. There are also other Arch based alternatives, and of course, lots of other distros as well.

I hope you all well. I will be keeping and somewhat maintaining my repos (see below) for a while, probably a few months to come.

• This is very sad news indeed. I am actually a bit emotional about this. I have never grew so attached to a distro. It does everything I need better than the other distros that I keep on trying out there. Antergos will be greatly missed by me.

For future use I will be testing ArchLabs, but I cannot think of an other Arch based distro that I would want to move on to. As dramatic as that may sound.

#RIPAntergos

• It’s a sad day indeed. Thanks for all the work @developers and the contributers!

Can we also discuss how to remove the antergos stuff from the distro so we can keep using it? I’m talking for example about the antergos repos. How can we remove them completely so we use the arch and AUR repos exclusively?

• Hello @manuel, it’s pretty hard to know that. I’ve just decided on Antergos and I’m taking my first steps. The fact that now the ground under my feet is pulled away is quite violent! Hopefully we’ll find ways to soften this crash here in the community. Lg.

• This is a very sad day to say the least. Antergos is the best Arch based disto out there. It blows Ubuntu, Debian and others out of the water. I have highly recommenced this distro to others that were getting tired of Ubuntu distros. Thank you for your hard work and such a great Distro.

• Each end is the beginning of something new.

I say thank all of you here at the forum for this home-feeling years on helping and tinkering! (11,059 posts)
    In this place at the net, the world was united.

Thanks to @developers to create and maintain the best Linux I`ve ever used!!!

You will find me around, as my name will be my name (like I am)

More to cook will come 🖖

• Just wanted to express my gratitude to the developers. Antergos is by far my favourite distro, taking all the great parts of Arch and improving them while getting rid of the bad parts. It has been a pleasure, and I’m worried it will be hard to find something to match it.

Thanks for all the time and hard work you put in, it has been greatly appreciated. <3

• Like all of you say, Antergos will be very hard to replace, as it is the best distro ever.

So thanks @developers and all who have contributed in making this outstanding distro. And thanks to all for this lovely forum spirit.

• This is very sad news indeed. I’ve been using Antergos for about two years now and apart from a breakage or two, it has been very reliable. Finding a replacement will be a tall order. At any rate devs, thank you for for creating something wonderful. I wish you all the best.

• That is really sad news! Antergos has been my daily driver since I gave upp the finer points (things that I wanted but couldn’t get to work) in Arch, but I guess I just have to dive in at the deep end once again.

However, I do think I picked up a thing or two while being on Antergos, so I’ll give vanilla Arch a go, before trying Arco or Manjaro. One thing is for sure, I will miss this distro, and all the helpfull people at the friendliest forum I encountered so far.

A big thanks for this time, and the best to you all!

• I’ve already said my thanks in another thread, but I have a question to the community: Why break up a great community and start a new forum, with the same support we’ve been giving each other these last years?
    There are members like @manuel, @joekamprad and @fernandomaroto who already supplied us with repo’s and installers, so gradually we can make an installer in the future (my Python course is in an advanced level, so I’m hoping to contribute on that part soon), but in the meantime keep this great community.
    If there’s enough interest for this, I am willing to make this happen in sorts of making the forum and find a affordable way to host this.

• @Bryanpwo i am in!
    Aside from my help at the forum, playing with the ISO and keeping PKGBUILDS up and running i can provide knowledge on infrastructure. As i do maintain some websides.

• @joekamprad
    That’s great to hear, actually I was hoping you would be onboard with this.

@anarch
    Are you interested in this idea as well, I’m just asking, because I’m making a list how many interest there is for this plan.
    (I’m asking, because you liked the post, not to assign you with duties or something 😉 )

• Been expecting it for a while but still sad to see the post. Been hiding out in the IRC channel for two years but really enjoyed this “arch installer”. Not bloated, fast to install and have mostly been working without a problem for me.

Will be interesting to see where ppl go from here :)

• A few years ago when I was starting in the world of Linux completely create a foundation dedicated to the development of software and free technologies in 2016 The first thing I did was propose to Antergos an alliance we wanted to support the project, and help it grow and Growing up together as a community never answered my email…

My proposal is to continue and host Antergos in the Astian Foundation, we have in charge the project Midori Browser we have reactivated and its golden age is in aument.

We want to continue with the legacy but do much more, work towards privacy, ease of use to the stability of users.

Develop or innovate in a powerful desktop environment customizable, that the goal is those new users that come from other systems, have a healthy competition with Manjaro and Tumbleweed, Improve the work already done by the whole team and continue.

Thanks.

• very sad :(

thanks to the Devs for the great work all these years its been fun :)

loved sharing and supporting Antergos.

• This post is deleted!
  • @thetesorodelcielo said in Antergos is going to end.:

A few years ago when I was starting in the world of Linux completely create a foundation dedicated to the development of software and free technologies in 2016 The first thing I did was propose to Antergos an alliance we wanted to support the project, and help it grow and Growing up together as a community never answered my email…

My proposal is to continue and host Antergos in the Astian Foundation, we have in charge the project Midori Browser we have reactivated and its golden age is in aument.

We want to continue with the legacy but do much more, work towards privacy, ease of use to the stability of users.

Develop or innovate in a powerful desktop environment customizable, that the goal is those new users that come from other systems, have a healthy competition with Manjaro and Tumbleweed, Improve the work already done by the whole team and continue.

second the initiative, antergos is a powerful project, if somehow you could continue with the project even if it is in other hands I would gladly support this project, I have a lot of knowledge in programming and I would like to give my contribution so that this project does not die .

Thanks.

• How so? Remember the project Pinguy OS, it returned to the development after a while (long, but still). Maybe it is worth temporarily to transfer the project to the moderator or other trusted users, and with time it is possible to return? or return occasionally, advising. Even in its current state, it is still good. I do not like Manjaro (may his fans forgive me), I like Antergos (from the likes of Arch).
    P.S If someone makes a fork, please do not make him a sandwich of everything in the world. Enough of what is now, plus the correction of errors.

Anyway, developers and community, thank you for being.

• @Bryanpwo said in Antergos is going to end.:

If there’s enough interest for this, I am willing to make this happen in sorts of making the forum and find a affordable way to host this.

I will also able to help out with this where I can. I have sysadmin/dev experience and can fork out a little cash. So sign me up.

end1 Posts 55Views 3140
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.