• Can't add Look And Feel themes

I’ll try and add a Look And Feel theme through the Workspace Theme settings but after adding them and closing the System Add-on Installer the themes I selected and installed won’t appear in the Look And Feel settings. After trying again the System Add-on installer sometimes says they’ve been installed and other times it won’t.

• @sven-0 Ditto. Just started happening to me either yesterday or today. No error messages, either. It shows as being installed in the installer, but doesn’t show up to be selected. KDE issue?

• I have the same problem. When i run system settings through terminal and download a theme in the look and feel section i get this error org.kde.knewstuff.core: Command ' "kpackagetool5 -t Plasma/LookAndFeel -i /tmp/Sweet.tar.gz" ' failed with code 4

• Not sure if this will fix your problem, but many moons ago I had the similar issues.
    Installing and using SDDM fixed it. Note SDDM is the recommended for KDE, I don’t know about other DE’s.

• @BlaiseD definitely not the fix, I am using SDDM and I am facing the same issue. I can’t add any new Look and Feel themes but it works everywhere else (can install Plasma Theme, GTK etc). I click install, the theme claims its installed and even shows up in the Installed category of Order By, but it never actually installs.

• @silex512 said in Can't add Look And Feel themes:

I have the same problem. When i run system settings through terminal and download a theme in the look and feel section i get this error org.kde.knewstuff.core: Command ' "kpackagetool5 -t Plasma/LookAndFeel -i /tmp/Sweet.tar.gz" ' failed with code 4

This was very helpful seems its a KDE issue as per these posts:
    https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=160679

Neon users are also affected. An update should fix it

• Dunno, it can’t be completely on KDE’s end, if at all, because I just tried a Manjaro install with KDE and it’s adding them fine

• for sweet is also a github thing, 8 days ? https://github.com/EliverLara/Sweet/issues/34

there is also a kvantum build.

• @asasione Ditto…

• @sven-0 said in Can't add Look And Feel themes:

Dunno, it can’t be completely on KDE’s end, if at all, because I just tried a Manjaro install with KDE and it’s adding them fine

Yes Manjaro works fine, maybe the dev’s fixed what ever the problem was ???

• @FastGame said in Can't add Look And Feel themes:

@sven-0 said in Can't add Look And Feel themes:

Dunno, it can’t be completely on KDE’s end, if at all, because I just tried a Manjaro install with KDE and it’s adding them fine

Yes Manjaro works fine, maybe the dev’s fixed what ever the problem was ???

Manjaro is very far removed from Arch unlike Antergos which only adds a repo and some Antergos specific packages (all UI stuff), otherwise it’s the same as Arch. I installed Arch and same issue there, as I said before it’s a KDE issue. I’ll stick to Arch since this project has ended although I really love this distro.

themes19 feel3 Posts 11Views 208
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.