• [Solved]Impossible to install Antergos

I’ve been trying to install Antergos for a couple of days as a second OS (Windows 10 already installed) and it gets frozen at Antergos logo on a white screen 50 % of the time. The other 50% it goes through that screen and another one pops up with tons of code I don’t understand. Here is an image.
    WhatsApp Image 2019-05-18 at 12.02.55 PM.jpeg

The usb is correctly burned because I’ve tried on a friend’s laptop (with Manjaro installed) and it worked.

UPDATE: adding modprobe.blacklist=nouveau @ricklinux solve it, now there is another problem. After I log in, the screen goes black and only the cursor is left, but i can’t even move it.

• @partyhard Try adding this to the boot in grub

modprobe.blacklist=nouveau
  • Honestly, I don’t know where to do that. :/

• @partyhard said in Impossible to install Antergos:

Honestly, I don’t know where to do that. :/

@ricklinux

• @partyhard Hit the e key when live usb boots up to the installer.

• @partyhard
    Can you tell us something about your machine hardware, especially the exact model of the graphics card? Preferably a link to technical specifications of the machine.

• @manuel said in Impossible to install Antergos:

@partyhard
    Can you tell us something about your machine hardware, especially the exact model of the graphics card? Preferably a link to technical specifications of the machine.

@manuel https://www.notebookcheck.net/Medion-Erazer-P6705-MD61206.380321.0.html

• @partyhard
    Usually the problem is the graphics driver. You have Nvidia 1050 ti GPU. I guess nouveau is not working with your HW. AFAIK the installer does not include proprietary driver, but maybe @joekamprad has a solution for the installer?

@partyhard
    Usually the problem is the graphics driver. You have Nvidia 1050 ti GPU. I guess nouveau is not working with your HW. AFAIK the installer does not include proprietary driver, but maybe @joekamprad has a solution for the installer?

@Manuel But if it’s a graphic’s driver problem, why is only failing after I login? I mean, as long as I don’t do it I can see the login interface perfectly.

• @partyhard
    OK. Could you explain in full detail what happens and when?
    What phases go well and when does the problem start?

@partyhard
    OK. Could you explain in full detail what happens and when?
    What phases go well and when does the problem start?

@manuel So, the boot menu opens normally, after five seconds or if I press enter Antergos starts. Afeter a few seconds login screen pops up with a clock. Everything well at this point. If i put a wrong password, an error message appears but nothing crashes. Now, the moment I put the right credentials in, the login screen disappears and a black screen pops up where I can move the mouse around 3 seconds, then it freezes and everything left is a black screen with the pointer.

• @partyhard So this has Intel i5 8300H processor with HD 630 Graphics. Are you able to go into the Bios and set to use Intel Onboard Graphics only and disable Nvidia and install Antergos? Then you would install Nvidia Graphics and then reboot and turn on on Nvidia Graphics again after the drivers are installed.

• @ricklinux said in Impossible to install Antergos:

@partyhard So this has Intel i5 8300H processor with HD 630 Graphics. Are you able to go into the Bios and set to use Intel Onboard Graphics only and disable Nvidia and install Antergos? Then you would install Nvidia Graphics and then reboot and turn on on Nvidia Graphics again after the drivers are installed.

@ricklinux sounds good,I will have a look and keep you updated.

• @partyhard said in Impossible to install Antergos:

@ricklinux said in Impossible to install Antergos:

@partyhard So this has Intel i5 8300H processor with HD 630 Graphics. Are you able to go into the Bios and set to use Intel Onboard Graphics only and disable Nvidia and install Antergos? Then you would install Nvidia Graphics and then reboot and turn on on Nvidia Graphics again after the drivers are installed.

@ricklinux sounds good,I will have a look and keep you updated.

@ricklinux Soooo, I couldn’t find anything graphic related on the BIOS :/

• @partyhard That’s strange…should have some internal graphics settings.

• @partyhard
    Now it may be a problem with the display manager.
    So when it boots, press Ctrl-Alt-F2 and you get a TTY terminal. Now login and change the display manager:

su
    pacman -S sddm
    systemctl disable lightdm
    systemctl enable sddm
    reboot

That assumed you are using lightdm. Note that there are other DM’s available.

@partyhard
    Now it may be a problem with the display manager.
    So when it boots, press Ctrl-Alt-F2 and you get a TTY terminal. Now login and change the display manager:

su
    pacman -S sddm
    systemctl disable lightdm
    systemctl enable sddm
    reboot

That assumed you are using lightdm. Note that there are other DM’s available.

@manuel When I ttry to open a TTY terminal the screen goes black and gets frozen. I can’t even go back to login screen (ctrl+alt+f7).

• @partyhard
    Login screen should be Ctrl-Alt-F1. Take your time, it may take several seconds…

• @manuel I’m not sure if @partyhard has even got that far to install Antergos? Is this just the boot to get to the installer? I’m confused. 🤔

• @partyhard Can you shed some light here to my confusion? Do you have Antergos installed and it boots up to this? If it’s installed you may need to add black list nvidia too. modprobe.blacklist=nouveau modprobe.blacklist=nvidia

impossible14 Posts 157Views 601
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.