• Howto Nouveau + Bumblebee + Gnome with Wayland?

Hello to my new friends!
    I’m new to Antergos and Arch - coming from Debian.
    I’m using Antergos on my Leneovo ThinkPad T470P (which has Optimus-GPU).

I successfully installed bumblebee and nouveau on my machine. Gnome runs like a charm without big problems.#

But sadly, Gnome runs under X11 instead (and as wished) under Wayland. Because of my WUXGA display I would like to have Wayland’s “fractional scaling” feature, which isn’t available in X11-mode.

I searched a lot, but did not found a way to enable Wayland with my comnfiguration. I found a threat that tells me, that it is possible to run Wayland with nouveau and bumblebee: https://forum.antergos.com/topic/7520/wayland-on-optimus . But I don’t know how to switch.

Any hints or howtos?

Thanx a lot.
    EnzephaloN

• if you run GDM, does it not show in Sessions? normaly on free drivers it runs Wayland…

• Hi

I only get option to X11 session (or Gnome session without any details, which starts X11). There is no session with explicit Wayland or a session which uses Wayland.

Best regards
    EnzephaloN

• @enzephalon default DM on Antergos is lightdm and lightdm still not work very good for wayland, install GDM instead will give the option:

sudo pacman -S gdm
    sudo systemctl -f enable gdm
    sudo systemctl reboot

• @joekamprad said in Howto Nouveau + Bumblebee + Gnome with Wayland?:

@enzephalon default DM on Antergos is lightdm and lightdm still not work very good for wayland, install GDM instead will give the option:

sudo pacman -S gdm
    sudo systemctl -f enable gdm
    sudo systemctl reboot

Hell Yeah!
    While you wrote, I investigated this too. Because I thought Antergos uses gdm by default, I ignored all hints about LightDM I found on the web.
    After installing GDM (which is indeed uglier as LightDM) Wayland and fractional scaling works!

Thanx a lot!
    EnzephaloN

• @enzephalon https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GDM#Log-in_screen_background_image
    will make gdm a bit more nice looking, but the procedure is a bit hacky…

gnome357 bumblebee49 nouveau20 howto3 Posts 6Views 52
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.