• Problem with powersaving - indicator-cpufreq

Hello,
    first I would like to say, that I really like Antergos. I like the idea of rolling release, but I was never brave enough to try ArchLinux. With your distro, I can. Now the problem.

I come from Ubuntu, so these could be things easily to do in different way, but I can just can not find that way.
    (1) I’m used to use [b:1l2jeimf]indicator-cpufreq[/b:1l2jeimf], I somehow installed it, but I can not make it to launch on startup (I found few ways online, especially ArchWiki, but none of them seems to work, maybe I’m doing it wrong). Always it just does not start.
    (2) When I used Ubuntu, this indicator-cpufreq used to have [b:1l2jeimf]powersave[/b:1l2jeimf] governor. I used it to get longer battery life. It’s not in Antergos. I found a way to “load” it with [b:1l2jeimf]sudo modprobe cpufreq_powersave[/b:1l2jeimf], but it disappears after every reboot / shutdown. Is there anyway to make it permanent?

I’m looking forward to your answers and thank you.

• Hello,
    first I would like to say, that I really like Antergos. I like the idea of rolling release, but I was never brave enough to try ArchLinux. With your distro, I can. Now the problem.

I come from Ubuntu, so these could be things easily to do in different way, but I can just can not find that way.
    (1) I’m used to use [b:1l2jeimf]indicator-cpufreq[/b:1l2jeimf], I somehow installed it, but I can not make it to launch on startup (I found few ways online, especially ArchWiki, but none of them seems to work, maybe I’m doing it wrong). Always it just does not start.
    (2) When I used Ubuntu, this indicator-cpufreq used to have [b:1l2jeimf]powersave[/b:1l2jeimf] governor. I used it to get longer battery life. It’s not in Antergos. I found a way to “load” it with [b:1l2jeimf]sudo modprobe cpufreq_powersave[/b:1l2jeimf], but it disappears after every reboot / shutdown. Is there anyway to make it permanent?

I’m looking forward to your answers and thank you.

• Looks like I’m gonna answer myself after more searching.
    Loading module cpufreq_powersave on boot can be done by adding one file into

Call file [i:2yk62lyb]whatever[/i:2yk62lyb].conf, file includes just one line (name of the module, I guess you can do more than just load it, but it is enough for me)  

Posts 3Views 794