• WiFi connection problems after installing (openconnect) gsconnect

Hi all,

after I have installed openconnect and openconnect-networkmanager, my user is unable to properly connect to the WiFi. Only the user which has installed the package is affected, a fresh created user doesn’ t seem to have the same problem.

From what I see in the logs, the adapter gets randomly renamed after connecting to a WiFi. The it reconnects and the same happens over again. I don’t know which logs could also contain more information so far.

Did anybody had the same trouble after installing openconnect or nows a problem like this?

DE: Gnome
    HW: MiBook Air 12

Thanks in advanced
    Steffen

• @sschuhmann-0 said in WiFi connection problems after installing openconnect:

I have installed openconnect and openconnect-networkmanager, my user is unable to properly connect to the WiFi

Try sudo systemctl restart network-manager.service

• @ricklinux The service network-manager.service could not be found.

• @sschuhmann-0
    sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager
    would be the right command here. but as you already restarted system it will not help.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/OpenConnect#NetworkManager

How do you create the new user?

• @joekamprad Thanks! I’ve created the two users using gnome settings. But they’re also affected after some time.

•  [email protected] >> id gnomeuser
    uid=1002(gnomeuser) gid=1002(gnomeuser) Gruppen=1002(gnomeuser)

Gnome is not using the common way to create users…

my user here is like this:

[email protected] >> id joe
    uid=1000(joe) gid=985(users) Gruppen=985(users),3(sys),998(wheel),108(vboxusers)

• The problem was not caused by openconnect.

The gnome-extension gsconnect coused the trouble. After creating a new user the extension was not active, so it didn’t occure.

After removing the extension everything works again.

wifi151 installing130 connection34 openconnect3 Posts 7Views 74
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.