• GDM (or other login) Themes

Greetings everyone, I slapped together a little Antergos themed GDM Login Screen. I’m not sure how familiar everyone is with this kind of thing but it was a kind of new experience for me. So here’s the short-n-sweet version.

You will need GDM support, so head over to the Arch AUR page here

Check over the dependencies, then:  
    Extract the folder with Archive Manager  

cd /path/to/extracted/folder && makepkg -s  

sudo pacman -U /path/to/file-ending-with.pkg.tar.xz

I found this guide for Ubuntu, but got things working for the most part:
    [code:3j7hv3qe]https://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/Tutorials/GdmThemes[/code:3j7hv3qe]
    I didn’t do any major coding, just change the wallpaper and a few colors. Check the “credits.txt” file.
    To install the theme: download the attached tarball -> enter “sudo gdmsetup” in a terminal -> Local (tab) -> “Style” = “Themed” -> Add -> double-click the downloaded file -> select the them in the menu -> configure anything else you’d like -> close, and you’re good to go

[b:3j7hv3qe]UPDATE 06/19[/b:3j7hv3qe]: I still haven’t got the screenshots working properly in Antergos, but I have gotten a few more themes put together.

XperiaAntergos and XperiaAntergos-platinum: Made with Sony Xperia wallpaper and Antergos logos from the respective GRUB2 Themes. The “Quit” button will not be there on login, it is part of the xserver client. “Restart” and “Shutdown” will be centered appropriately.
    :exclamation:Sorry, this attachment is unavailable.

AbstractLion: Found a cool wallpaper, added Arch and Antergos Logos (the “options” button now matches the others)

AsusN53SV-XV1
    Thanks to Antergos for selling me on Arch. It's been real.

• Greetings everyone, I slapped together a little Antergos themed GDM Login Screen. I’m not sure how familiar everyone is with this kind of thing but it was a kind of new experience for me. So here’s the short-n-sweet version.

You will need GDM support, so head over to the Arch AUR page here

Check over the dependencies, then:  
    Extract the folder with Archive Manager  

cd /path/to/extracted/folder && makepkg -s  

sudo pacman -U /path/to/file-ending-with.pkg.tar.xz

I found this guide for Ubuntu, but got things working for the most part:
    [code:3j7hv3qe]https://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/Tutorials/GdmThemes[/code:3j7hv3qe]
    I didn’t do any major coding, just change the wallpaper and a few colors. Check the “credits.txt” file.
    To install the theme: download the attached tarball -> enter “sudo gdmsetup” in a terminal -> Local (tab) -> “Style” = “Themed” -> Add -> double-click the downloaded file -> select the them in the menu -> configure anything else you’d like -> close, and you’re good to go

[b:3j7hv3qe]UPDATE 06/19[/b:3j7hv3qe]: I still haven’t got the screenshots working properly in Antergos, but I have gotten a few more themes put together.

XperiaAntergos and XperiaAntergos-platinum: Made with Sony Xperia wallpaper and Antergos logos from the respective GRUB2 Themes. The “Quit” button will not be there on login, it is part of the xserver client. “Restart” and “Shutdown” will be centered appropriately.

AbstractLion: Found a cool wallpaper, added Arch and Antergos Logos (the “options” button now matches the others)

AsusN53SV-XV1

• Thanks for your work on this! I haven’t looked at it yet b/c GDM and I have not been getting along lately LOL. Here is a command I found that should snap a screenshot for you:

chvt 7 ; sleep 5 ; XAUTHORITY=/var/gdm/:0.Xauth DISPLAY=:0.0 import -window   
    root /tmp/gdm-shot.png

• I managed to get a screenshot by booting back to Mint15 and using “gdmflexiserver -xnest” and then trimming the screenshot with GIMP. However, in both Mint and Antergos, the commands you referenced (also found in the cited guide) return the following error message in the terminal:

[[email protected] ~]$ chvt 7 ; sleep 5 ; XAUTHORITY=/var/gdm/:0.Xauth DISPLAY=:0.0 import -window root /tmp/gdm-shot.png  
    Couldn't get a file descriptor referring to the console  
    No protocol specified  
    import: unable to open X server \`:0.0' @ error/import.c/ImportImageCommand/361.

I also tried:

echo "chvt 7 ; sleep 5 ; XAUTHORITY=/var/gdm/:0.Xauth DISPLAY=:0.0 import -window root /tmp/gdm-shot.png" \>/tmp/gdm-screenshot.sh  

chmod +x gdm-screenshot.sh  

\#\#\#Log Out\#\#\#  
    ctrl+alt+F1 -\> login as root  

sudo bash /tmp/gdm-screenshot.sh  

The screen would switch back to my graphical login and that’s it. I went back to ctrl+alt+F1 and found this error message:

import: unable to open X server \`:0.0' @ error/import.c/ImportImageCommand/361

AsusN53SV-XV1

• Interesting…lol. Might have to update the wiki to reflect the method as broken in its current form. I dont much time to really dive into it

Edit: Like this one…

Posts 5Views 2371