• Typing a few letters doesn't bring up the right application

Not sure I’m explaining this right but using Antergos 19.4 and Cinnamon desktop.

If I click the ‘start’ button and type ‘ter’… I would expect it to bring up the ‘terminal’ icon so I can easily find it. Instead, at the top of the ‘search’ box is Chromium, Color, etc. I’d expect terminal at the top if I typed ‘ter’. Same for System Monitor. Typing ‘sys’ brings up a lot of things on the right side but ‘System Monitor’ is at the very bottom when I’d expect it to be at the top.

I’m almost positive there’s a way to change that behavior but for the life of me I don’t know how.

• @RoadHazard I use Cinnamon and if you look at the bottom of the box terminal is there. That’s the way it works. The only thing i can see that you can do is add it to favorites which puts it in the list on the left side. I have it in the task bar below so it’s not necessary.

Screenshot from 2019-05-01 01-20-13.png

• @ricklinux Coming from the Mint world, I just found out that the way Cinnamon worked in Mint 19.0 (regarding typing a few letters of a program and having it pop up) was actually a bug in it popping up just the names of programs that started with those letters. Their 19.1 update brought a new version of Cinnamon that works the same way it does in Antergos… in that typing a few letters searches EVERYTHING … names AND file descriptions. So yep, I’m going to have to use Favorites as you suggested. Thanks for the reply!

application36 typing3 letters2 bring1 Posts 3Views 30
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.