• Black screen after installation

i have installed antergos but i can only boot into via LTS-Kernel mode if i select Antergos only black screen i think it is graphic driver problem.Nvidea 940mx This is my PC Acer

• i installed antergos 19.4 @joekamprad any help?

• @Rusiru
    So LTS kernel boots OK. That’s great. You can work with that I guess?
    The default kernel does not boot, right?

First, could you show the video drivers that you have installed:

pacman -Qs nvidia
    pacman -Qs xf86-video

As you may have both Intel and Nvidia graphics cards, which one are you using, or does it matter to you?

There are lots of alternative things that may solve this:

• Add kernel parameter: modprobe.blacklist=nouveau to variable GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in file /etc/default/grub. Then run grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg and reboot.
    • Change the Display Manager, use one of sddm, gdm or lightdm, for example:
    su
    systemctl disable lightdm    # your current DM?
    systemctl enable sddm        # your new DM?
    reboot

• Install package nvidia-installer and run command nvidia-installer -t to see what graphic drivers should be installed.

And one option is to use the dkms versions of the nvidia driver. In that case installing also linux-headers and linux-lts-headers are required.

• Give the output of

lspci -vnn | grep '\''[030[02]]'

If it is an optimus enabled system, it may need to configure how to use one or bith of the GPU’s.

As @manuel suggested, may disable load of nouveau is needed to boot with only intel GPU… or to get bumblebee installed to use them both.

• @manuel Intel driver is enough for me now i cant boot anu GUI.what should i do.ctrl+alt+f2 is only help @joekamprad my vga support for Bumblebee

• @Rusiru
    As mentioned above, blacklist nouveau.

And please give the output of the commands that Joe and I asked.

installation326 black84 Posts 6Views 84
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.