• Battery display

I am looking for instructions to get battery display to work in openbox. I have installed cbatticon, but I cannot get tint2 to actually display the battery percentage in the tooltip. I would also like to have the battery percentage appear on the desktop, but I do not know where I change this. Edit: I figured out how to configure conky for the desktop

Cheers,

• acpi -V

can show battery info …
    and many others too you can use conky to show this or some conky lines like this:

Battery level: $battery_percent %
    $battery_bar 15 100

• @joekamprad thanks for the suggestion, I figured out how to get Conky configured but I I’m still working on tint2. Any recommendations for getting battery statistics on the panel also?

• @piotr oh that’s much easier than blindly editing the text file, I’ve read that page previously and couldn’t figure out what I was missing, here is my config.

battery.jpg

• @pmolinap Actually you can include almost every information you need into the tint2 panel. Much more useful than conky, that’s usually covered with some window.

screenshot.jpeg

• @piotr you are a master on tint2 ;)

• @joekamprad Dunno if I’m a master, but a fan for sure. ;) I even use it with i3.

• and you are right on conky, special if you are on a WM like i3 it does not make much sense as you will not see it… a panel is much more useful.

• @joekamprad Couldn’t agree more. :)

display59 battery22 Posts 10Views 46
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.