• Suspend Issues on Dell XPS 9370

Hi all,

Newbie to Antergos; migrated from Ubuntu (steady user since 10.04). I am loving Arch so far, but am still getting used to how it operates.

Running Antergos (obv) with GNOME session on a Dell XPS 9370.

Some background: When I first installed Arch, the lock-on-suspend features through Light Locker were okay, and then my computer started to bug out (I couldn’t get past the lock dialogue; my computer would freeze). So I disabled the lock-on-suspend function.

Now, my Light-Locker settings are not being saved. For example, I set the timer for a blank screen to 15 minutes. After a fresh reboot, I see that it is now set to 0.

Secondly, and now for the issue indicated in the title, I am having suspend issues. I have had suspend issues when I was running Ubuntu, specifically with the lid-switch function. All I had to do was edit logind.conf and I was on my merry way. However, the issue I am having with my box now is something different.

I am able to suspend the computer either by closing the lid, or executing the Hotkey Fn+End. However, the next time I want to suspend, the lid switch function won’t work. Or, it’s reversed – the screen flickers when I execute the hotkey, but the lid works. Oftentimes, neither the lid-close or the hotkey moves put the computer into suspension.

What logs would you like to see? And is there a conflict between the GNOME power settings and Light-locker? Please advise!

Thanks all–
    Ryan

• @joekamprad Thanks for the reply. This mitigated the issue, but I’m still having inconsistent suspend issues.

For example:

A) If I try to execute the hot key Fn+End for suspend, the screen and power light will cut out for 1/2 a second, and then the screen will come back on. Sometimes I only have to repeat this process once, and then the computer will suspend.

B) When this issue occurs, closing the lid does not trigger the suspend function.

I should note that sometimes Situation A can go on and on for multiple tries. I usually give up and shut down the computer.

issues100 suspend49 dell30 xps26 Posts 3Views 42
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.