• Question about automatic updates

I love antergos. And I love the concept of rolling updates. I always assumed that the system only lists updates of packages that are actually installed on my pc or laptop. But maybe this is a mistaken belief…? When pamac lists updates I install them without thinking twice because I assume they are updates for packages that are actually installed. Maybe I shouldn’t…?

• @longliveantergos said in Question about automatic updates:

they are updates for packages that are actually installed

indeed only updates for packages you have already installed where updated, and if packages where replaced by another or split.

• @joekamprad - Thx so much. I asked because in one of my threads someone wrote I shouldn’t validate automatic updates…

• Update info is automatic, you do need to proceed updates manually, and take a look on what is updated.
    If there were same big numbers you should take a look at the news on Antergos and Archlinux, as they may be an upgrade to Desktop Environment, and may need to investigate on something ;)

• Perfect, thx so much.

updates71 automatic10 Posts 5Views 59
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.