• Do I need to press ctrl + alt + f7 to wake up from "suspend to ram"

Hi, I’m using antergos for 3 months. Recently I try to switch to XFCE, and I’m relatively happy with it.

Right now I’m using kernel 5.0.7 in my Aspire 3 laptop (Amd Ryzen 5 2500 U, Radeon Vega). I know there are some issues related to AMD and linux.

But, after I edit my grub parameter to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="iommu=pt ivrs_ioapic[4]=00:14.0 ivrs_ioapic[5]=00:00.2 acpi_backlight=vendor fsck.mode=skip pci=nommconf" I can log in smoothly.

Yesterday, I found that waking up from suspend to ram didn’t work. It didn’t work until I try to press ctrl + alt + f1 this morning (to switch to another session) out of curiosity. Surprisingly, it works 👏

So I try to press ctrl + alt + f7 to get back to my suspended session. And wow, it works too (There was a notification that my session is locked and I need to wait for several seconds).

So, my question is: Is this behavior really expected? Do I really have to press ctrl + alt + f7 every now and then? Or is it XFCE’s minor bug?

• Looks like a not solved bug to me.
    As it shouls not be like this.

• @joekamprad said in Do I need to press ctrl + alt + f7 to wake up from "suspend to ram":

Looks like a not solved bug to me.
    As it shouls not be like this.

I see. I hope there will be a better fix for this.

Also, do you notice that sometime xfce4-terminal (and any other terminal based on vte) has rendering problem?
    Right now, I use qterminal.

• Some users reporting this too with similar hardware. But will be solved with next update mostly.
    If not reporting back here, please

wake10 alt5 ctrl3 press1 Posts 4Views 53
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.