• "Burning" usb. Etcher and Multi writer problems.

Hi all,
    having trouble flashing USBs on my system.
    Etcher spits errors at me and multiwriter just dumping core. Screenshot from 2019-04-17 18-37-03.png

any alternatives, not brave enough to dd

• Try etcher from AUR or manuel repository, Antergos Version is outdated…

• @joekamprad thanks. AUR etcher seams to work.

as of multi writer it’s same as this chap’s problem –>

• @reginastracii i try gnome-multi-writer some times before but it never working for me…

• @reginastracii

dd: the hard part is to find the correct target drive:

lsblk -fm                                           # find the letter X of the target USB stick's /dev/sdX
    sudo umount /dev/sdX                                # target must be unmounted
    sudo dd bs=4M if=/path/to/antergos.iso of=/dev/sdX  # this line burns the stick, so the X MUST be right!
    sync                                                # waits until all data is written to the USB drive

• @manuel said in "Burning" usb. Etcher and Multi writer problems.:

@reginastracii

dd: the hard part is to find the correct target drive:

lsblk -fm                                           # find the letter X of the target USB stick's /dev/sdX
    sudo umount /dev/sdX                                # target must be unmounted
    sudo dd bs=4M if=/path/to/antergos.iso of=/dev/sdX  # this line burns the stick, so the X MUST be right!
    sync                                                # waits until all data is written to the USB drive

Hard is it if you choose the wrong device to write to… ;)

of=/dev/sdX

I do use it like this to write iso to usb, as it gives status also:

sudo dd bs=4M if=/path/to/antergos-x86_64.iso of=/dev/sdX status=progress && sync

• @joekamprad
    Yeah, the status is good info. But here it doesn’t always work as expected (goes from 0% to 100% instantly), but doesn’t do any harm either. The sync command is very useful too.

usb117 multi3 burning3 etcher2 Posts 7Views 176
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.