• Laptop Wifi Not Working

@joekamprad Yeah. It was the first thing I tried. Unfortunately exactly the same issue.

• As the Ubuntu user in the link has kernel 4.15, I guess the problem is not kernel’s fault, at least not directly.
    Sounds more like a driver of firmware problem.

One long shot (probably not helping at all) is to check the list of AUR packages:

pacman -Qm

if there could be something fishy.

• @manuel Would reinstalling the current linux kernel do anything?

• To me this all do not look like an issue with driver or firmware.
    But it would help to see logs from boot…

lspci > log.txt && lsusb >> log.txt && journalctl -b -0 >> log.txt && cat log.txt | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io

• @ricklinux
    Most likely not. But who knows, as software is an extremely complex thing…

• @manuel nothing that looks too obvious. Most network related is expressvpn being that it’s a vpn package. It’s working correctly although of course that doesn’t mean that it isn’t causing a conflict.

• @joekamprad I’ve ran that boot log and it’s uploaded.

• @doyler78
    Would it be too compicated to try temporarily uninstall that vpn thing? Just trying to go through all options…

• This to my untrained eye looks fishy as it immediately follows trying ot bring up the wireless link

Apr 17 19:30:01 antergos-laptop vmnetBridge[624]: Started bridge wlp6s0 to virtual network 0.
    Apr 17 19:30:01 antergos-laptop dbus-daemon[537]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name='org.freedesktop.resolve1' unit='dbus-org.freedesktop.resolve1.service' requested by ':1.18' (uid=0 pid=540 comm="/usr/bin/NetworkManager --no-daemon ")
    Apr 17 19:30:01 antergos-laptop dbus-daemon[537]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.resolve1.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.resolve1.service not found.
    Apr 17 19:30:01 antergos-laptop dbus-daemon[537]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name='org.freedesktop.resolve1' unit='dbus-org.freedesktop.resolve1.service' requested by ':1.18' (uid=0 pid=540 comm="/usr/bin/NetworkManager --no-daemon ")
    Apr 17 19:30:01 antergos-laptop dbus-daemon[537]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.resolve1.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.resolve1.service not found.

• @manuel That’s not a problem at all. Very easy to set up. I’ll do that.

• That was it. it’s the expressvpn package. As soon as I removed then pulled the ethernet cable the wifi came back up immediately.

• Just checked the logs and that was updated over a week ago. So still odd. I think I’ll reinstall and see what happens.

• Expressvpn package has been changed exactly a week ago.

So, can you use another vpn package? I’m not using vpn, so I know practically nothing about them, thus cannot recommend any of them.

EDIT: actually seems that openvpn is installed by default.

• Ok built again. Use reeanbled the service and started it. Used it. Came of it again. Wifi came back up again after disconnecting from wifi. Going to reboot now and see if anything on boot up gets blocked. If that goes successfully will just have to put it down to a dodgy expressvpn update. If not at least I know what the issue is.

• Ok reboot was successful with wifi still working. Thanks @manuel @joekamprad @ricklinux all for your help it was very much appreciated.

• Teamwork :)

• @doyler78 Awesome…although I don’t know enough of the Linux tools and commands I had a hunch that it was not working because of a software conflict created issue and not a hardware problem. @manuel & @joekamprad are very helpful and know their stuff. Kudos to them.

• @doyler78 Usually what I try to do whenever there are updates before I install. I tend to first look at what they are and sometimes I even look at the dependencies especially if it’s an update or package that I’m not familiar with. This way I kind of have a mental note in case something happens to be acting up. Its a habit I kind of try to follow.

wifi150 laptop54 Posts 79Views 185
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.