• Change LightDM Auto Login

Hello, i’m quite new to Arch and Antergos itself and at start I have installed an XFCE and want to move overally to i3, at the cnchi installer I chose to login automatically XFCE, after i installed antergos-i3-meta and everything went well and I could change session to i3 and slowly start to play with the .conf file and I’m quite satisfied so far, but now I want to make LightDM autologin work with i3, I tried https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LightDM#Enabling_autologin and currently right now I have hashtaged-out from the “/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf” under “[Seat:*]”

greeter-session=lightdm-webkit2-greeter
    user-session=i3
    session-wrapper=/etc/lightdm/Xsession
    autologin-user=myname
    autologin-user-timeout=0

but still doesn’t seem to work, and when restarting it just stays at the LightDM greeter without automatically login i3, only when I click on the LightDM itself and then it automatically login. I am kinda lost at this point. Thanks in advance. :\

• when you in terminal in

groups

are you a member of autologin ? oh yeah mayby i forgoth to read bad sorry 🐷

hehhm, is there any .dmrc file in your user home ?

• @ringo32 said in Change LightDM Auto Login:

when you in terminal in
    groups
    are you a member of autologin ?

Seems so?

[[email protected] ~]$ groups
    nopasswdlogin wheel myname

Added myself before via

sudo groupadd -r nopasswdlogin
    sudo gpasswd -a myname nopasswdlogin

is there any .dmrc file in your user home ?

Yeh, it contains

[Desktop]
    Session=i3

• you want autologin ??? but you add to the group as nopasswdlogin

wiki :

You must be part of the autologin group to be able to login automatically without entering your password:

# groupadd -r autologin
    # gpasswd -a username autologin

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LightDM#Enabling_autologin

autologin does not need password normaly it goes direct intoo…

passwordless login would be as you get Lightdm, just to have a click without putting a password to login.

i could be wrong ?

• @ringo32 No, you are absolutely right, Archwiki went over my head with this one, I got confused between nopasswdlogin and autologin groups even tho I was reading over and over loool. Adding myself to autologin groups solved my problem and i3 session now automatically login. Thank you. 😃 ✌

lightdm137 login134 auto16 Posts 5Views 87
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.