• Wireless keyboards don't work after today's update

Received update to antergos KDE today (last update was performed yesterday). It was fine, but several minutes later, keyboard started lagging badly. It was super-slow to respond, and recognized only about 1 out of 5 keystrokes. A moment later, it stopped working at all. Since it wasn’t 1st time I experience keyboard issue with antergos (but it worked well on Win7 years ago), I got pi**ed and thought keyboard just dead after long use, so I fixed it for good with my fist.

After cleaning all the mess, connected another wireless keyboard, and it didn’t work too. No single keystroke recognized. My idea was that new keyboard uses new receiver, so I have to reboot OS, which I did. Unfortunately, I couldn’t even enter LUKS startup password because keyboard didn’t work. Rebooted again and found that keyboard works great in BIOS and boot menu itself, and stops working the same second I select “Boot Antergos” option. Repeated 6 times/reboots, same result.

Now, I was able to get it working by selecting “Fallback” option in boot menu (LTS option didn’t help), but obviously it’s not a proper fix. Any suggestions?

• @toxpal without boot log or info about hardware itself … hard to say…

lspci > log.txt && lsusb >> log.txt && journalctl -b -0 >> log.txt && cat log.txt | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io

• @toxpal
    Logs may help.

My first thought was that keyboard battery has run out. But you have tried two different keyboards, so battery problem sounds unlikely, and it works on BIOS stage.

File/etc/mkinitcpio.conf may contain some old HOOKS that are no more needed. Could you show the HOOKS?

One thing to try is to reinstall kernel(s):

sudo pacman -S linux linux-lts

These were just ideas to check, hard to tell if any of them really helps.

• @manuel said in Wireless keyboards don't work after today's update:

But you have tried two different keyboards, so battery problem sounds unlikely, and it works on BIOS stage.

It also works when I boot in Fallback mode.

Could you show the HOOKS?

HOOKS=“base udev autodetect modconf block keyboard keymap encrypt lvm2 filesystems fsck”

• Logs - https://pastebin.com/jAAvw1uz (keyboard is manufactured by Logitech)

• @toxpal
    Couldn’t find anything that would explain the keyboard issue.
    Might be some kernel parameter that could work around it, but don’t know what.

Does anyone else here have better ideas?

• @manuel said in Wireless keyboards don't work after today's update:

Couldn’t find anything that would explain the keyboard issue.

Just keep in mind that these logs are for working keyboard (in other words, after booting in Fallback mode). I would love to paste logs from “normal” boot, but I couldn’t do so because I can’t even enter boot password.

• @toxpal
    Can you start a screen keyboard? Then you could give the boot password.

• Sorry for a dumb question, but how is it possible to launch onscreen keyboard without GUI? I did some search, and only found options to launch onscreen keyboard after GUI is started, which doesn’t happen in my vase (because I can’t type LUKS password, which is required to start boot).

• @toxpal
    Sorry, I was too much thinking of installing and not so much about using an installed system. My bad.

BTW, is it a Logitech Unifying Receiver stuff? If so, have you tried other USB ports?

EDIT: if you have a wired keyboard, that might work too.

• i have Unifying Receiver for my mouse working without issue here…

• OK, so I got another wireless keyboard (by Microsoft) to try. Plugged in, and it works perfectly. That is to say:

Logitech keyboard works in Fallback boot only.
    MS keyboard works without problems.

I also have another antergos KDE system (using absolutely identical setup and even absolutely identical apps, except drivers, obviously) upstairs, which I didn’t use for a week. So I started it up, performed full update and rebooted.

Update screwed whole interface (exactly same look as https://forum.antergos.com/topic/11568/kde-desktop-messed-up-after-last-system-update/4), but both keyboards work without any problems.

So here’s the result:

1. Update screwed keyboard on system #1, but GUI works perfectly.
    2. Update screwed GUI on system #2, but keyboards work perfectly.
Posts 12Views 44
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.