• Screen flashes black while saving, updating, etc.

I am running Antergos with Gnome and I am having an issue where the screen keeps flashing black for a couple of seconds whenever doing things like saving files or updating. It’s not a massive thing but it has gotten annoying. Just wondering if anyone knew what the cause of this was and anything that could be done to fix it?

• lspci > log.txt && lsusb >> log.txt && journalctl -b -0 >> log.txt && cat log.txt | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io

and paste the url it spies out… to show systeminfo and boot journal

• @joekamprad Thanks for getting back to me. It doesn’t output anything

• @joekamprad said in Screen flashes black while saving, updating, etc.:

lspci > log.txt && lsusb >> log.txt && journalctl -b -0 >> log.txt && cat log.txt | curl -F ‘f:1=<-’ ix.io

[email protected]~ lspci > log.txt && lsusb >> log.txt && journalctl -b -0 >> log.txt && cat log.txt | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io

http://ix.io/1FLO <---

only a short url you can post here… the output is written to a file called log.txt you can see:

cat log.txt

• @joekamprad http://ix.io/1GGx here’s the link that I get

• Collection of may related stuff:

org.gnome.Shell.desktop[850]: > Internal error:   Could not resolve keysym XF86MonBrightnessCycle

pr 14 15:51:29 Antergos gnome-shell[1239]: Some code accessed the property 'HIDE_ICON' on the module 'prefs'. That property was defined with 'let' or 'const' inside the module. This was previously supported, but is not correct according to the ES6 standard. Any symbols to be exported from a module must be defined with 'var'. The property access will work as previously for the time being, but please fix your code anyway.
    Apr 14 15:51:29 Antergos gnome-shell[1239]: JS WARNING: [/home/mattrbrousseau/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/[email protected]/extension.js 102]: assignment to undeclared variable iconBox
    Apr 14 15:51:29 Antergos gnome-shell[1239]: Some code accessed the property 'HIDE_LABEL' on the module 'prefs'. That property was defined with 'let' or 'const' inside the module. This was previously supported, but is not correct according to the ES6 standard. Any symbols to be exported from a module must be defined with 'var'. The property access will work as previously for the time being, but please fix your code anyway.
    Apr 14 15:51:29 Antergos gnome-shell[1239]: JS WARNING: [/home/mattrbrousseau/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/[email protected]/extension.js 115]: assignment to undeclared variable label

Please first check extensions, as they give errors, may not compatible with latest gnome shell.
    I do also see screensaver settings failures… So try to switch to gdm would be a good try too, as you will see if this solve the blacking.

• @joekamprad I’ll take a look at the extensions. Is there a way to determine which one may be causing the problem?

As far as DM, I’m already using gdm. I’ve run into a number of problems with lightdm in the past so I usually get rid of it pretty quickly. Could it possibly be a gdm problem?

• @mattrbrousseau As GDM is made for GNOME i would go into debugging GDM at last.

From logs i would disable hide-app-icon first… But also check if they are compatible with latest shell over extensions webpage.

• @joekamprad It looks like disabling the hide-app-icon extension worked.

Thanks a lot for your help

• @mattrbrousseau said in Screen flashes black while saving, updating, etc.:

hide-app-icon

ide-app-shell-version.png

as you can see not supported by actual gnome-shell version (Version 3.32)

black84 updating31 saving5 flashes3 Posts 10Views 68
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.