• GDM won't start and can't login to Gnome

Today I tried to install Pantheon DE for Arch through AUR. and apparently failed. and I delete it again. but this become a big problem. My GDM won’t start. only blank and I can’t do anything. and I tried to move to lightdm (i have two DM) and it turned out to be able to login into my other DE, XFCE (i have Gnome and XFCE). I login and succeed.
    Then how can i get GDM to run normally again and be able to login into my GNOME again?
    I’ve tried a number of ways, such as reinstalling gnome gnome-extra, reinstalling gdm, etc. and I also tried to follow the article that shows to modify ~ / .xinitrc and use startx. But everything still fails. in tty2 mode, I try to log in and then appears Failed to open Display warning.
    I’m sure there are dependencies that are deleted or overwritten when trying to install the Pantheon. and destroy gdm and gnome. but I don’t understand how to fix it. hope u can help me. thanks

• @wilmanzendart said in GDM won't start and can't login to Gnome:

Failed to open Display

looks like a problem with GPU driver, may inadvertently uninstalled something related ?

So what is your GPU?

• @joekamprad said in GDM won't start and can't login to Gnome:

@wilmanzendart said in GDM won't start and can't login to Gnome:

Failed to open Display

looks like a problem with GPU driver, may inadvertently uninstalled something related ?

So what is your GPU?

yes maybe i uninstalled something but i don’t really know specifically.
    My GPU is GTX 1050 TI.
    thanks for reply

• Use tty to login to CLI:

[Ctrl+alt+F2]

Install nvidia-installer and run it:

sudo pacman -S nvidia-installer
    sudo nvidia-installer
    sudo systemctl reboot

gnome361 login135 gdm49 Posts 4Views 99
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.