• \[SOLVED\] fstab (default locations)

This is a detail but…
    Usually in Ubuntu mounted drives/partitions are (auto)mounted in /media/[user]/[label/disk ID]
    Here in Antergos there is no media directory. My first question is, were is the default mount directory?

I have 1 drive and the windows partition that i want to load on system boot, so i usualy add two lines (one for each partition/drive) to fstab. Here’s the example for my 2TB backup drive:

\#Partição Backup  
    UUID=313B2E7E427B3A80 /media/quimkaos/Backup2TB ntfs defaults,umask=0022,uid=1000,gid=1000,noatime 0 0

I know i can create a /media (or /whatever) directory, but for the sake of good practices, were should i mount them? /home? /home/media?

• This is a detail but…
    Usually in Ubuntu mounted drives/partitions are (auto)mounted in /media/[user]/[label/disk ID]
    Here in Antergos there is no media directory. My first question is, were is the default mount directory?

I have 1 drive and the windows partition that i want to load on system boot, so i usualy add two lines (one for each partition/drive) to fstab. Here’s the example for my 2TB backup drive:

\#Partição Backup  
    UUID=313B2E7E427B3A80 /media/quimkaos/Backup2TB ntfs defaults,umask=0022,uid=1000,gid=1000,noatime 0 0

I know i can create a /media (or /whatever) directory, but for the sake of good practices, were should i mount them? /home? /home/media?

• I answer my self then… media directory is under /run… e.g. /run/media/[UUID/LABEL]

Posts 3Views 1105