• VirtualBox (Oracle) fails to start on Kernel 4.19.31 LTS

My VirtualBox works fine on Kernel 5.0.4 (after installing linux-headers…) but fails to start on my 4.19.31 LTS kernel.
    I tried to install linux-headers while i’m using kernel 4.19.31, but it always refers to/as linux-headers are already installed and up to date on kernel 5.0.4. ???

I tried using these 2 commands and here’s the result i get on the terminal (picture) :

• sudo pacman -Syyu
    • sudo /sbin/rcvboxdrv setup

2019-03-26_10-29.png

• @philipc
    What have you installed:

pacman -Qs virtualbox

You need at least:

sudo pacman -S linux-lts-headers

• @manuel said in VirtualBox (Oracle) fails to start on Kernel 4.19.31 LTS:

linux-lts-headers

this must be installed… for sure…

• I installed linux-lts-headers but still fails to start, virtual box gives error message after i rebooted my pc :
    2019-03-26_16-24.png 2019-03-26_16-25.png

• for other kernels (like LTS) choose virtualbox-host-dkms instead of virtualbox-host-modules-arch as it will build modules for both kernels if they get updated automatically.
    https://antergos.com/wiki/system-admin/virtualization/how-to-install-virtualbox/

• @joekamprad
    Thanks, i will try this out tonight! 👍

• @joekamprad

I followed the instructions and reinstalled VirtualBox trought the terminal, but i was not ask for installing the core package, so i could not choose VIRTUALBOX-HOST-DKMS.
    I don’t know how to choose this option.

2019-03-26_17-50.png 2019-03-26_17-51.png

• @joekamprad said in VirtualBox (Oracle) fails to start on Kernel 4.19.31 LTS:

virtualbox-host-dkms

sudo pacman -S virtualbox-host-dkms

• @joekamprad
    Yes i found it in pamac and installed VIRTUALBOX-HOST-DKMS and VirtualBox is now working fine on my LTS kernel!

Much thanks! ☺ 👍

kernel152 fails52 virtualbox47 oracle4 Posts 10Views 66
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.