• Login Page Security Issue

Hello there

I’m not sure if you are aware of the issue with the log option on the login screen. I installed a fresh copy of Antergos, which by the way is a very nice and fast distro, but on the login screen is an option under the seletcted user called “View log”, that shows every keypress of the password prompt. In my humble opinion, this is a serious sercurity issue for a multi user system, sure as long as you enter your password and then log in everything is fine. But there is still a little chance to spy on your current keyed in password.

Let me know your thoughs.

Best regards
    Confederatio

see attachment for details
    :exclamation:Sorry, this attachment is unavailable.

• Hello there

I’m not sure if you are aware of the issue with the log option on the login screen. I installed a fresh copy of Antergos, which by the way is a very nice and fast distro, but on the login screen is an option under the seletcted user called “View log”, that shows every keypress of the password prompt. In my humble opinion, this is a serious sercurity issue for a multi user system, sure as long as you enter your password and then log in everything is fine. But there is still a little chance to spy on your current keyed in password.

Let me know your thoughs.

Best regards
    Confederatio

see attachment for details
    :exclamation:Sorry, this attachment is unavailable.

• Hi.

I understand your concern. This has already been corrected in development. The issue was determined to be low priority because it’s extremely unlikely to cause a user’s password to be compromised (What user would type their password, leave it on the screen, and then leave their system unattended?). Low priority items don’t warrant emergency updates to be issued outside of the normal development schedule. However, you can expect an update to be released very soon.

Best Regards,

• Hi

That’s fine for me, anyway i fixed it for my installation by removing the log area from the theme. I just wanted to inform you about that, it could be easily overseen.

Cheers and thx for a easy installation of an arch based system
    Confederatio

Posts 4Views 816