• Warning: new gtk3 upgrade breaks my desktop

I updated just now my computer and after that I had strange problems:

• the desktop starts with defaults and only after a few minutes seems to load my settings from the gnome control center;
    • the screen will lock automatically even when I am working;
    • some desktop functionality is not there, for example the button for switching of the computer.

If you have these problems, downgrade the new version of gtk3 (gtk3-3.24.7+19+g91f2ad4a2f-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz) to an older one with “pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/gtk3-3.24.7-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz”, or the older version you are having.

Does anybody have these problems or is it related to my computer?

• Yeah, I do, too. It’s a bit different, though, as I’m running Cinnamon DE. The major problem I’m having is desktop loading time. It’s gone from about 8 seconds from hitting enter after entering my password to fully loaded and stable to about 2 - 2.5 minutes. Seems to function okay otherwise, but I’ll know better tomorrow.

I also have an older computer in the kitchen that we use for looking up recipes and the like that’s showing a similar problem. I’ll mess with it, too.

• here too on nvidia drivers … downgrading gtk3 is the easy workaround…

downgrade gtk3

marked sticky

• My older machine has nvidia340 drivers, the other is Intel, though, and the behavior is similar.

• Same here. Gnome loads but none of the autostart applications do. It’s up for some minutes and then it crashes.
    I’m using the Intel drivers so it’s not related to Nvidia.

• OK, so many people are having problems with the new gtk3 upgrade, solution is to downgrade to previous version, so I marked this topic as solved.

• Another new gtk3 update (3.24.7+19+g91f2ad4a2f-1) came through this afternoon. My stuff appears to be working normally again. YMMV.

• @grenouille yes here too all is working normally now again with latest update!

• Confirmed, the latest update works normally.

upgrade81 breaks38 warning12 gtk311 Posts 9Views 349
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.