• how do I get rid of the applications menu?

I’m not sure, but maybe the problem of the app menu has to do with the Antergos set up overwriting the default Gnome look.
    I removed the Antergos repo, so that’s the reason why I think this might be the cause of the problem.

• @joekamprad
    The first image I’ve showed is the default Gnome top bar and not dash to panel.

• as i say … default gnome top bar have the bug with the appmenu, dash-to-panel is replacing it and do not have the bug…

Your pic does not show it as it only shows up if an app is running…

• The app menu doesn’t appear in the default top bar over here.

• Ah, wait are we talking about the app menu that folds out or the running app indicator?

• Do you mean this:
    Schermafdruk van 2019-03-18 12-51-00.jpg

• @galvez_65 can give the hint what exactly he want to get rid of…
    applicationmenu.png
    this is pure arch

• I think he might be talking about that??
    alt text

• That’s what I thought he meant also.

• but… this is an extension and working on disable and enable over gnome-tweaks:
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-03-18 19-05-26.png

• I know but for some reason it came installed on a fresh install and I remember it was not so easy to turn off.
    It was not showing on the tweaks and it was also not found in the /.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions directory.
    I had to hunt it down and delete it.

• it comes with: gnome-shell-extensions package:

/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/[email protected]/extension.js
    /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/[email protected]/metadata.json
    /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/[email protected]/stylesheet.css

• but it should be present in the tweaks right?

• @reginastracii as you can see on my picture… but may you where installing while GNOME gets upgraded

• I do recall that the app menu came with a fresh Antergos install, but it was also present in the tweaktool, that’s how I still got that extension in the extensions menu, I never installed it by myself.

• no it was before the gnome update roll off. but probably something went wrong and it was missing from the tweaks and same thing happened with the op.

• @joekamprad the red box shows what should no longer be part of GS 3.32. This was supposed to be deprecated, in 3.30 you could turn it off from Tweaks, but that doesn’t work any longer. Hope this helps.
    application menu

• @galvez_65 so i was right… i test it inside pure arch with the same result…

• I’m afraid you misunderstood, because in every youtube video of gnome 3.32 it behaves like that.
    I’ve put down a link below as a example.
    lGnome 3.32

menu48 applications35 rid3 Posts 44Views 318
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.