• Antergos Budgie & GNOME performance issues

Can i get any info on that problem?

• I gave you the link earlier in this thread, it’s my first post in this thread.

• @kronikpillow i do only a short reading thru your journal…

a coredump means mostly an app/script/programm is crashing…

Mar 18 20:19:04 susanoo kernel: ACPI Warning: SystemIO range 0x0000000000000428-0x000000000000042F conflicts with OpRegion 0x0000000000000400-0x000000000000047F (\PMIO) (20181213/utaddress-213)
    Mar 18 20:19:04 susanoo kernel: ACPI: If an ACPI driver is available for this device, you should use it instead of the native driver
    ###
    Mar 18 20:19:01 susanoo kernel: ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve [\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.SPT3._GTF.DSSP], AE_NOT_FOUND (20181213/psargs-330)

Mar 18 20:19:01 susanoo kernel: DMI: MSI MS-7808/B75MA-E33 (MS-7808), BIOS V1.7 09/30/2013

Bios is the latest available…

Mar 18 20:20:40 susanoo gnome-shell[761]: The required ID of 2960685 does not refer to an existing actor; this usually implies that the pick() of an actor is not correctly implemented or that there is an error in the glReadPixels() implementation of the GL driver.

@kronikpillow said in Antergos Budgie & GNOME performance issues:

lspci > log.txt && lsusb >> log.txt && journalctl -b -0 >> log.txt && pastebinit -i log.txt -b lpaste.net

o.k. also not working anymore ;)
    but lspci > log.txt && lsusb >> log.txt && journalctl -b -0 >> log.txt && cat log.txt | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io do the job… it is easy to use as you do not need to copy paste by hand…

• bios is the latest available … https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/b75ma-e33

what if i pick the LTS kernel?

• @kronikpillow LTS is a chance but i would say it seems to be related to nvidia and gnome upgrade

• see this:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mutter-781835-workaround/

A window manager for GNOME. This package reverts a commit which may causes performance problems for nvidia driver users. Some performance patches also included.

• scraping GNOME is another option :) thanks for your help, hopefully this will be solved in the future :) Now time to test out other Antergos DE’s, like MATE, Openbox, and if nothing satisfies me, back to my favorite KDE :)

• Just a note: Openbox needs a hands on approach from the beginning, it’s not an out of the box experience like the other DE’s.😉

• yeah i know :) i do quite a lot of research, but it looks very fast and snappy, so the struggle of configuring it might be worth it :) i will test my patience …

one question, is the GNOME NVIDIA issue related to GNOME’s window manager or? basically does that mean that Budgie will have the same issue? and are there any other desktops that use GNOME base? which i find weird because when i was using Solus Budgie my PC was flying … I returned to Antergos because it’s arch based … dislike the limited software options in Solus

• From your experience, Budgie behaves the same and just avoid Deepin as well, since it also is based on Gnome and uses their version of clutter (the package where the suspected problem lies).

• Ok thanks ^^

• @kronikpillow I would give XFCE a try, as it is slick and nicely configurable, if you are a gamer, a decent deal gives you more resources free for the games.

• @kronikpillow How did you install the Nvidia drivers when you have installed Antergos. I notice you are using an Nvidia GTX650 Ti so the drivers should be 418.43. I have a newer GTX 1060 and have no issues on Cinnamon desktop. I install Antergos and then installed the Nvidia drivers from the terminal. With most Cinnamon desktops it may come up running in software mode until you install the video drivers for your card.

sudo pacman -S nvidia nvidia -utils lib32-nvidia-lbgl nvidia-settings

You would also have to install nvidia-lts if you have the lts kernel installed.

Just a suggestion in case you are doing something different.

See how it works before you make any changes. I run the Cinnamon desktop because i like it the most and i don’t have any issues but i have also run Gnome and Budgie.

• @kronikpillow Sorry, i missed a keystroke on my last post and had an extra space.

sudo pacman -S nvidia nvidia-utils lib32-nvidia-libgl nvidia-settings

Also install nvidia-lts if you have the lts kernel installed which i always do.

• @ricklinux @kronikpillow say already that he install nvidia within the initial install…

• I have to say, last 9 days i have spent testing Solus GNOME and Solus Budgie, and it works perfectly without any issues … so no … I do not think this is a NVIDIA driver problem …

@ricklinux I have installed the drivers with the cnchi installer …

• @kronikpillow
    The main difference between Arch and Solus is the Linux kernel, Solus uses the LTS kernel, so problably it is a kernel problem. (mixed with the Nvidia driver problem on kernel 5.0)

issues100 budgie10 Posts 38Views 555
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.