• Antergos UEFI doesn't boot

Hi, I tried to install Antergos on my pc but I can’t boot Antergos live usb with UEFI.

First I made the bootable key with rufus:

rufus-antergos.PNG

Then when I got to screen to choose which Antergos, Live USB image boot but keep waiting on black screen with _ blinkin gin the top left corner. I tried to change TTY but it doesn’t work and redirect on this black screen.

I tried to install Antergos with Antergos live CD image but it desn’t work due to my UEFI, grub can’t find a suitable place to install.

I have an RTX 2070 with a i7-6700 if it can help you.

Thanks for reading. Waiting for help.

• @Its-Alex
    The most reliable (AFAIK) ways of burning the USB drive are:

• Etcher on Windows
    • dd on Linux

Rufus in DD mode should also work, but I haven’t tested that.

So maybe try Etcher?

• I encountered a similar issue on my HP Elitebook 8440p (a pre-Win8 UEFI-capable laptop); what worked for me was using Etcher to write the image to my USB drive, and somewhat counterintuitively, choosing the CD/DVD option on the boot menu, rather than the USB option which would just complain about not being able to access the kernel image.

• @manuel said in Antergos UEFI doesn't boot:

is working on a test here…

• @manuel said in Antergos UEFI doesn't boot:

Etcher on Windows

I already tried etcher and I have the same problem.

@thejsa said in Antergos UEFI doesn't boot:

I encountered a similar issue on my HP Elitebook 8440p (a pre-Win8 UEFI-capable laptop); what worked for me was using Etcher to write the image to my USB drive, and somewhat counterintuitively, choosing the CD/DVD option on the boot menu, rather than the USB option which would just complain about not being able to access the kernel image.

USB mod doesn’t complain about kernel not found in the case I use rufus in UEFI mode but I have a black screen like I said above. And when I try in Live CD/DVD antergos doesn’t ask for a /boot/efi partition so it try to install grub on a bios partition and fail.

@joekamprad said in Antergos UEFI doesn't boot:

@manuel said in Antergos UEFI doesn't boot:

is working on a test here…

I didn’t try with rufus in DD mode I will.

• @Its-Alex Is this a video card related problem? You are using an Nvidia RTX 2070 which is a very new card. From reading this it seems that you are saying you tried to launch boot from live usb and you are just getting a blinking cursor? Have you disabled secure boot?

• @ricklinux said in Antergos UEFI doesn't boot:

@Its-Alex Is this a video card related problem? You are using an Nvidia RTX 2070 which is a very new card. From reading this it seems that you are saying you tried to launch boot from live usb and you are just getting a blinking cursor? Have you disabled secure boot?

Yes I disable secure boot.

Just a blink cursor and I can’t switch TTY to see logs or something else because it redirect me to blink cursor after few seconds.

I never had any problems before buying this card so I don’t really know if problem came from it. But seeing at this post I think I have the same issue https://www.reddit.com/r/antergos/comments/amqgbd/how_to_install_antergos_with_nvidia_gpu/

• @Its-Alex said in Antergos UEFI doesn't boot:

Nvidia RTX 2070

is this a mobile device with discrete card? aka hybrid dual graphics? or a pci nvidia card inside a PC?

• @Its-Alex said in Antergos UEFI doesn't boot:

Nvidia RTX 2070

Should be supported by nvidia version 418.43, both on notebooks and desktop machines.

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/142958

• The USB installer probably has an older nvidia driver (I guess). That may explain the installer problems.

• @joekamprad said in Antergos UEFI doesn't boot:

@Its-Alex said in Antergos UEFI doesn't boot:

Nvidia RTX 2070

is this a mobile device with discrete card? aka hybrid dual graphics? or a pci nvidia card inside a PC?

This is a PCI Nvidia card inside a PC, I think the same but don’t know how I can update it, can you guys show me the way to try ? Where is the build system for the image at least ?

• @Its-Alex
    If you happen to have another (preferably slightly older) machine at your disposal, one idea is to temporarily move the drive to that machine and install Antergos in that machine.

It doesn’t matter much if the other machine does not even have nvidia card, since you can simply install the nvidia package to the disk regardless of other graphics drivers.

• @Its-Alex or may your motherboard have an internal GPU? you can connect to this one and do he install, and install nvidia driver after this… as your card may do not work properly with nouveau drivers at current state of the open source driver… i can still try to create an nvidia enabled ISO, but the available sources for the Antergos iso do not work at the moment…

• If the processor is the i7 6700 it should have the HD 530 Intel Graphics onboard so joekamprad is correct as he suggest you use the internal graphics and then install the Nvidia drivers. I have the same sort of rig with a newer Intel anniversary I7 8086 processor that has the HD 630 on it. I am running the Nvidia GTX 1060. I installed the Nvidia drivers via terminal commands.
    sudo pacman -S nvidia nvidia-utils lib32-nvidia-libgl nvidia-settings

You will also have to install the nvidia-lts if you installed the lts kernel. I have had issues installing Antergos too and sometimes it will go and boot up running in software mode. Other times it won’t and the screen is kind of garbled. But if you run on the internal GPU you will be able to get it installed as joekamprad has suggested.

• @Its-Alex i do just try to create an nvidia enabled ISO out of my Antergos-Rescue ISO :

https://github.com/killajoe/antergos-rescue

• So the bug of blinking cursor comes from 2070 RTX card

Now it’s working

boot311 uefi42 Posts 17Views 306
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.