• Kernel 5.0 issues

Here we could collect in one place all issues related to the recent linux kernel 5.0.

I noticed that with kernel 5.0 I cannot configure my home router with any web browser, somehow kernel 5.0 prevents logging in to the router.
    Fortunately with the LTS kernel 4.19.26 this problem doesn’t exist.

• Updating to 5.0 without any problem in my machines.

Notoriously this kernel much more fresh than at least the previous eight kernels.
    KERNEL 5.0.png

• Bildschirmfoto vom 2019-03-06 19-12-04.png

@manuel said in Kernel 5.0 issues:

I noticed that with kernel 5.0 I cannot configure my home router with any web browser, somehow kernel 5.0 prevents logging in to the router.
    Fortunately with the LTS kernel 4.19.26 this problem doesn’t exist.

i do not have such a problem here…

• @joekamprad
    I don’t know the reason for that issue. It has never happened before with any other kernel.
    Fortunately it is the only issue so far with kernel 5.0 for me, otherwise 5.0 works OK.

And fortunately we have the LTS kernel to use. That’s why it is a good idea to install both linux-lts and linux packages.

• I tested this kernel 5.0 issue with my Arch linux installation. In Arch there was exactly the same problem: kernel 5.0 didn’t allow me to log into the router, but the LTS kernel did.
    I used the same browser in both cases, so the only difference was the kernel.

I suppose Linus will fix that soon. After all, 5.0 is a new release, with new bugs.

• and it isnt softblocked ? how do that call … rfkil whatever ?

• @manuel
    Me it’s the update of the LTS kernel to 4.19.27 this morning that created a problem, the system is unable to boot.
    Therefore i had to boot on kernel 5.0, so far it works fine.
    Like you say, it’s a good thing to have 2 kernel installed, loll! 😁
    2019-03-06_20-02.png

• @philipc
    Here I can boot with both 5.0 and 4.19.27.
    The only issue still is the router login while on 5.0.

• @ringo32
    I’m accessing the router with a wired link… No wireless devices on this machine.

• @manuel
    My boot issue seems to be resolved this morning, i’m on the LTS 4.19.27 and it works fine!

• @joekamprad Is it normal for the Linux kernel to get updated twice a week? I have installed Antergos on the weekend and had two updates, both versions of Linux 5, so far.

• @debiandonder
    Yes, they sometimes update the kernel surprisingly often. That’s rolling release model.

• @manuel That’s great then, I’m just used to Ubuntu based distros. Everything kept on working well after the kernel updates, so no problem.

I used a Debian 9 based distro earlier this year with really old base and programs and it froze all the time on this same PC.

I only used Antergos since last weekend but everything works better so far. Firefox, games and music is just great.

kernel151 issues100 5.02 Posts 13Views 517
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.