• How to install Gnome or Openbox

If I wanted to install Gnome and Openbox to test them out, how would I go about it?

I tried

sudo pacman -S gnome

That downloaded and installed a ton of stuff but then said nothing was installed. I must be doing something wrong. I chose KDE during initial install but I’d like to check out these other 2 as well.

Thanks!

• If I wanted to install Gnome and Openbox to test them out, how would I go about it?

I tried

sudo pacman -S gnome

That downloaded and installed a ton of stuff but then said nothing was installed. I must be doing something wrong. I chose KDE during initial install but I’d like to check out these other 2 as well.

Thanks!

• I should clarify, when trying to install gnome, at the end it says unable to commit transaction - conflicting files - gome-standard-themes

Also, I should clarify my question about installing Openbox so that I don’t sound like a lazy person who did not search. I know I can install OB with

sudo pacman -S openbox

However, I Was referring to installing it with the preferences, and look/feel that it would have had I chosen to install it during my Antergos install.

Thanks!

Posts 3Views 835