• Gnome 3 doesn't remember previously maximized windows

Hello mates, as title says, if i maximize a window and then close the app, when i reopen it, gnome doesnt remember it was maximized. I’m using gnome 3.30 on antergos. Basically what i want is every window maximized, except terminal. Checked dconf and auto maximize is enabled. Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for my bad english, i’m still learning.

• neither does xfce. you can edit launchers to add --maximize at the end

• @j-d-emanoell dconf automaximize is the feature to automaximize a window when you move it to the top bar…

Gnome do not have a feature to maximize windows on startup of an app… you can try some extension may bring in such feature.

• @trytip Thanks for your response, and sorry for taking so long to reply. So, --maximize param isn’t available for some applications (e.g. evince and gnome-tweaks).

• @joekamprad Thanks for helping, i checked and automaximize is enabled. Interesting, last Arch distro i used could save window state (Anarchy linux), probably it’s a feature from this specific distro. About extensions, there’s one extension called “Start Maximized by Default” or something like this that starts all windows maximized, including terminals and prompts, which feels a bit uncomfortable. Anyway, i’ll keep searching, thanks again!

• @j-d-emanoell said in Gnome 3 doesn't remember previously maximized windows:

Arch distro i used could save window state (Anarchy linux), probably it’s a feature from this specific distro.

Or an previous version of GNOME, as I do remember GNOME was doing save the state of an window before, but it was removed on some updates… may upcoming version bring it in again (but GNOME is specialized in removing stuff)

• @joekamprad thanks for the help, looks like i’ll have to either wait or use the gnome extension i mentioned before. Marked as solved.

gnome361 windows74 previously2 maximized1 Posts 7Views 104
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.